Blue and White Sweater

I recently washed a blue and white sweater, the blue faded onto my white. How do i get the white back to white?

Dina from Illinois

Sorry to say, but I have never had any luck trying fix clothing where one color has bled into another (or when one item in the laundry bleeds onto another.) I think you're probably outta luck. Maybe someone else has a useful tip?

I don't think there are any options for getting the white back to white. However, don't can get the white something else. What other colors do you like? Blue is very forgiving...if you soak the sweater in yellow dye, you'll have a yellow and blue/green sweater. If you soak the sweater in red, you'll have a red and blue/purple sweater. I salvaged a jumper for my daughter this way. It was light beige with a big old it's purple, the stain is invisible and she loves purple.

There are dyes for clothes of all colors, you simple pick the color of the fabric you want and then run it through a wash cycle with the dye. Not sure if this will work with white, but at least you'll have a shirt in a wonderful new color! This dye stuff works great for bleach stains, I used it on a beige pair of slacks that had an old bleach stain on it 7 years ago and it worked wonderful! Not sure where exactly you can pick it up, but anywhere should carry it - if not google clothes/laundry/fabric dye and see what comes up.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryDecember 19, 2006
Cardigan made from altering a sweater.
Make a Cardigan From a Sweater
Purse from an Old Sweater
Making a Sweater Purse or Bag
Ugly Sweater Party Ideas
Ugly Sweater Party Ideas
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)