Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

0EmailPrintFollowSave

Where do you buy ZOTE soap?

Lana

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By suzin (Guest Post) 02/06/2009 Flag

I have used Zote soap to make laundry soap. I was disappointed with the results. There was a skum on the water in my washer, and it left residue on my clothes. Using hot water did not help. I even ran the clothes through 2 rinses. So from now on I will not use Zote. I now use Fels Naptha and it works good.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan 8 1,368 02/07/2009 Flag

We have a high latino population, and all of our stores carry it; Price cutter, save-a-lot, dollar general, even our walmart (which may be your best bet).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan 8 1,368 02/07/2009 Flag

After reading another reply, I just wanted to add that I've used it for years in making homemade laundry detergent without any problems. Maybe the scum has to do with the water type (hardness) more than the soap used. I've also never had any type of film on my clothes from using it, but I rarely if ever use fabric softener or dryer sheets, which may cause problems more than the homemade detergent in my opinion.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cheryl Coldiron 2 06/05/2009 Flag

I found it at biglots for 80 cents a bar.
I found Octagon soap too but had to get it online.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kat LaValley 2 09/12/2009 Flag

I live in the south east USA and I get Octagon Soap at Wal-Mart supercenter for $.97. Our little home town Bi-Lo carries Zote soap for$.99. I just had to keep looking, near the bottom of the shelf. It seems like the big bright bottles overpower the individual bars of soap; so they're hard to spot!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By mshortie 1 11/11/2009 Flag

I live in MI and my VG's store manager ordered it in for me. .57 a bar was a really great deal I thought.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By hot headed 1 03/25/2013 Flag

I am from Asheboro NC and I am looking for the Pink Zote Soap and can not find it. My Walmart doesn't even have it. Also which works better for clothes Zote or Fels Naptha? I have been hearing stuff about Zote but still wanna try it. Help please!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By servinsasha 1 05/16/2013 Flag

To all the new ZOTE users. You's not supposed to put it in the washer machine. It's used for spot cleaning I use it when I have stains on my clothes and wash it by hand. It's real good for removing blood from any fabric. Also works best if you spot clean and let it sit for 15 minutes then come back and give it a good scrub. All the stains will be removed.

I have a baby and all he shirts get stains right under chin area and takes all stains out. Also you can use it to scrub white socks before you through in washer it will get all the dirt out and keep your socks looking nice and white like when you bought them. It can also be used for other things. Email me if you have any questions.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Laurie S. 1 10/03/2013 Flag

I find Zote pink ir white at Walmart in Alcoa Tn. I use it for homemade laundry detergent when I run out of my soap. Fels Naptha works just as good as Zote, main thing is the difference in scent. Save lots of cash making your own laundry detergent. Put soap in frig, remove grate entire bar in cheese grater. Transfer to food processor.

Add 2 cups arm & hammer super washing powder (walmart) and 2 cups 20 mule team borax (walmart). Run processor long enough that grated soap is reduced to granular consistency. Store in a large plastic container thats airtight. In a super size load of regularly dirty laundry I use 2 Tablespoons of mix. If filthy I would use a bit more. Clothes come out clean with not much fragrance unless you add scent while processing. Clothes are soft even without fabric softener or dryer sheets.

I have used this combination for years and have never been embarassed by that stinky clothes smell. And thinking of the money I save plus removing harmful oil based chemicals from my everyday life, I can clearly see I come out ahead. I hope this info sparks someones interest. Thanks for reading.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Where can I buy ZOTE soap for making laundry soap?

Thanks,

Annie from Lewiston, Me

Answers:

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Found a link for Zote here:

http://www.mexgrocer.com/7255.html

Also, this is a popular link for those hard to find laundry soap making products.

http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/ (04/13/2006)

By wendiesioux

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Zote used to be sold at Walmart but is now discontinued in the Cleveland, Ohio stores. It may be available in your area Walmart. It is also sold at Dollar General for a buck. I love Zote. (04/13/2006)

By maryc

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Could you post the recipe you have for using Zote to make laundry soap? TIA,

Rebecca (04/13/2006)

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

You can buy it on line at Mexgrocer.com.It comes in a pink 14oz bar for $1.35 or $13.50 for 12 bars.Or search for it on google.com (04/14/2006)

By Dean

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

My local grocery store and Dollar General both carry it. its cheaper at my grocery store though at about .69 for a huge bar.

As for a recipe I grate 2 bars of soap to about 4 cups of borax and 4 cups of washing soda. At only 2 tablespoons a load, this huge batch will last quite awhile. (04/15/2006)

By halloweenfreak

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I was just at Stater Bros grocery store and remember the name and I had read it here, so I saw it in the laundry aisle and bought it. Now I am going to click the link about making your own laundry soap. It was only 59 cents for a big 14.1 oz bar! (04/21/2006)

By freedombelle2001

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I bought some at WalMart. (05/09/2006)

By J Newman

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I could not find ZOTE in my local Walmart.
Does anyone know where you can buy it in CANADA?

TIA

Pam (04/03/2007)

By TWPam

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found it at Kmart. .79 cents a bar. (04/18/2007)

By TerryS

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found it at the local Big Lots for $0.70 for a 14.1oz (400g) bar. (06/09/2007)

By Cubey

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found mine at walmart here in Colorado. (07/05/2007)

By Jeanie

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Where can I buy zote soap,I live in Clinton, ar. zip 72031 (07/22/2007)

By Thomas Lee

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Found mine at superwalmart in Oldsmar, FL (08/10/2007)

By t

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Found some at King Soopers for 1.39 and also found some at Big Lots for .70! (09/05/2007)

By Mommyof3

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

From me

http://stores.ebay.com/Fish-n-ThingsDirect?refid=store
(11/12/2007)

By Jeanne.

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I sell Zote Soap on eBay everyday of the week. Please check out my store.

(11/12/2007)

By Jeannes

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I'm about to travel and was looking in Target to see if they had any sort of "travel size" laundry detergent. I saw Zote Pink bar and was curious enough to buy it since it's so cheap. It doesn't come with any instructions, ergo, I'm searching online for any help. I guess I'll just try it out on my clothes and see what happens. :P Anyhow, my point in posting was to say that Target (in Southern California at least) has Zote Pink. (12/24/2007)

By Ben Yu

RE: ZOTE soap?

Where in Chicago can I buy zote soap (01/12/2008)

By baabaa62

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

DOLLAR GENERAL!!! (02/05/2008)

By sewmuchmore

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Target! (02/09/2008)

By Joesnowman

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Where I can buy Zote Soap in Houston TX? (03/06/2008)

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Zote soap is about to be discontinued according to our Dollar Store(it was on their list). So buy quickly. (05/01/2008)

By ShirleyJ