Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Where do you buy ZOTE soap?

Lana

By Laurie S.10/03/2013

I find Zote pink ir white at Walmart in Alcoa Tn. I use it for homemade laundry detergent when I run out of my soap. Fels Naptha works just as good as Zote, main thing is the difference in scent. Save lots of cash making your own laundry detergent. Put soap in frig, remove grate entire bar in cheese grater. Transfer to food processor.

Add 2 cups arm & hammer super washing powder (walmart) and 2 cups 20 mule team borax (walmart). Run processor long enough that grated soap is reduced to granular consistency. Store in a large plastic container thats airtight. In a super size load of regularly dirty laundry I use 2 Tablespoons of mix. If filthy I would use a bit more. Clothes come out clean with not much fragrance unless you add scent while processing. Clothes are soft even without fabric softener or dryer sheets.

I have used this combination for years and have never been embarassed by that stinky clothes smell. And thinking of the money I save plus removing harmful oil based chemicals from my everyday life, I can clearly see I come out ahead. I hope this info sparks someones interest. Thanks for reading.

By servinsasha05/16/2013

To all the new ZOTE users. You's not supposed to put it in the washer machine. It's used for spot cleaning I use it when I have stains on my clothes and wash it by hand. It's real good for removing blood from any fabric. Also works best if you spot clean and let it sit for 15 minutes then come back and give it a good scrub. All the stains will be removed.

I have a baby and all he shirts get stains right under chin area and takes all stains out. Also you can use it to scrub white socks before you through in washer it will get all the dirt out and keep your socks looking nice and white like when you bought them. It can also be used for other things. Email me if you have any questions.

By hot headed03/25/2013

I am from Asheboro NC and I am looking for the Pink Zote Soap and can not find it. My Walmart doesn't even have it. Also which works better for clothes Zote or Fels Naptha? I have been hearing stuff about Zote but still wanna try it. Help please!

By mshortie11/11/2009

I live in MI and my VG's store manager ordered it in for me. .57 a bar was a really great deal I thought.

By Kat LaValley09/12/2009

I live in the south east USA and I get Octagon Soap at Wal-Mart supercenter for $.97. Our little home town Bi-Lo carries Zote soap for$.99. I just had to keep looking, near the bottom of the shelf. It seems like the big bright bottles overpower the individual bars of soap; so they're hard to spot!

By Cheryl Coldiron06/05/2009

I found it at biglots for 80 cents a bar.
I found Octagon soap too but had to get it online.

By susan [5]02/07/2009

After reading another reply, I just wanted to add that I've used it for years in making homemade laundry detergent without any problems. Maybe the scum has to do with the water type (hardness) more than the soap used. I've also never had any type of film on my clothes from using it, but I rarely if ever use fabric softener or dryer sheets, which may cause problems more than the homemade detergent in my opinion.

By susan [5]02/07/2009

We have a high latino population, and all of our stores carry it; Price cutter, save-a-lot, dollar general, even our walmart (which may be your best bet).

By suzin (Guest Post)02/06/2009

I have used Zote soap to make laundry soap. I was disappointed with the results. There was a skum on the water in my washer, and it left residue on my clothes. Using hot water did not help. I even ran the clothes through 2 rinses. So from now on I will not use Zote. I now use Fels Naptha and it works good.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Where can I buy ZOTE soap for making laundry soap?

Thanks,

Annie from Lewiston, Me

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Found a link for Zote here:

http://www.mexgrocer.com/7255.html

Also, this is a popular link for those hard to find laundry soap making products.

http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/ (04/13/2006)

By wendiesioux

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Zote used to be sold at Walmart but is now discontinued in the Cleveland, Ohio stores. It may be available in your area Walmart. It is also sold at Dollar General for a buck. I love Zote. (04/13/2006)

By maryc

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Could you post the recipe you have for using Zote to make laundry soap? TIA,

Rebecca (04/13/2006)

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

You can buy it on line at Mexgrocer.com.It comes in a pink 14oz bar for $1.35 or $13.50 for 12 bars.Or search for it on google.com (04/14/2006)

By Dean

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

My local grocery store and Dollar General both carry it. its cheaper at my grocery store though at about .69 for a huge bar.

As for a recipe I grate 2 bars of soap to about 4 cups of borax and 4 cups of washing soda. At only 2 tablespoons a load, this huge batch will last quite awhile. (04/15/2006)

By halloweenfreak

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I was just at Stater Bros grocery store and remember the name and I had read it here, so I saw it in the laundry aisle and bought it. Now I am going to click the link about making your own laundry soap. It was only 59 cents for a big 14.1 oz bar! (04/21/2006)

By freedombelle2001

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I bought some at WalMart. (05/09/2006)

By J Newman

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I could not find ZOTE in my local Walmart. Does anyone know where you can buy it in CANADA?

TIA

Pam (04/03/2007)

By TWPam

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found it at Kmart. .79 cents a bar. (04/18/2007)

By TerryS

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found it at the local Big Lots for $0.70 for a 14.1oz (400g) bar. (06/09/2007)

By Cubey

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found mine at walmart here in Colorado. (07/05/2007)

By Jeanie

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Where can I buy zote soap,I live in Clinton, ar. zip 72031 (07/22/2007)

By Thomas Lee

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Found mine at superwalmart in Oldsmar, FL (08/10/2007)

By t

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Found some at King Soopers for 1.39 and also found some at Big Lots for .70! (09/05/2007)

By Mommyof3

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

From me

http://stores.ebay.com/Fish-n-ThingsDirect?refid=store (11/12/2007)

By Jeanne.

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I sell Zote Soap on eBay everyday of the week. Please check out my store.

By Jeannes

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I'm about to travel and was looking in Target to see if they had any sort of "travel size" laundry detergent. I saw Zote Pink bar and was curious enough to buy it since it's so cheap. It doesn't come with any instructions, ergo, I'm searching online for any help. I guess I'll just try it out on my clothes and see what happens. :P Anyhow, my point in posting was to say that Target (in Southern California at least) has Zote Pink. (12/24/2007)

By Ben Yu

RE: ZOTE soap?

Where in Chicago can I buy zote soap (01/12/2008)

By baabaa62

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

DOLLAR GENERAL!!! (02/05/2008)

By sewmuchmore

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Target! (02/09/2008)

By Joesnowman

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Where I can buy Zote Soap in Houston TX? (03/06/2008)

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Zote soap is about to be discontinued according to our Dollar Store(it was on their list). So buy quickly. (05/01/2008)

By ShirleyJ

Archive: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Does anyone in northern Oakland county in MI know where I can find Zote soap? I have checked Dollar General. I am willing to drive some to find it. Thanks so much!

Nicki from MI

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Well, I am from Georgia but recently I was very surprised to find some at Big Lots - sometimes the older/smaller grocery stores like IGA. Might look it up on the internet and contact the company - they might let you order some via mail! (05/05/2008)

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

You can buy Zote soap at all SAVE-A-LOTS grocery stores, and also on the internet. Just put in the name of the soap you want. You'll also find FELS-NAPTHA, which is great just like zote. Hope this helps. (05/05/2008)

By bonnie

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Look in a Hispanic grocery store, they carry Zote soap. (05/05/2008)

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Ebay store at mexcandy. They have a real good deal with flat rate shipping box, and I also found white Zote there. (06/01/2008)

By ron

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found mine at the Dollar General Store, but not in the soap aisle. By the groceries they have a small Hispanic section where they stock it. (06/09/2008)

By jlee

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found both kinds of Zote Soap (Pink & White) at my local Compare Foods Store here in Long Island, NY. This store mainly carries Hispanic groceries. Hope this helps. (06/10/2008)

By Reba

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I just got 2-bars at Kmart in North Plainfield, NJ. .86 cents each. Have you tried a K-Mart near you? (06/11/2008)

By Bravo

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found some for 80 cents at Big Lots in Garland, TX...it was 97 cents at Wal-Mart. (08/11/2008)

By Amie

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I have found that international grocery stores carry zote soap. (08/13/2008)

By OJ

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Big Lots or your local Latino grocery store (08/31/2008)

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found zote soap at K-Mart in New York city in Manhattan (11/19/2008)

By ransy

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

They have it here in NC at Target. (12/18/2008)

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

At Super Happy Dollar Store on Baldwin Ave, just south of Walton Ave in Pontiac. I went there on 12-29-08 and they stock it all the time, and they had 5 of each white and pink. Enjoy! greydoxie (12/29/2008)

By greydoxie

RE: Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Target has it, I bought it yesterday. (01/28/2009)

By mary