A beautiful yard is a treat to the eyes. Remember the four seasons and plant so each season has its own special design. Plants should have their own space in your yard.
- The front yard will look bigger if you plant flower beds on a diagonal from the far corner of the house.
- If you plant trees in front of the picture window your yard will look shortened.
- If there are large areas full of mature junipers, you can do topiary work on them and leave a decorative border.
- By planting broad-leaf evergreens and perennial beds, you will have all season decorative garden.
- Plant bright colored plants near your home and soft colored plants at a distance so there will be depth in the yard.
- Do not plant trees with huge root systems close to the house as it can cause a lot of damage to your home.
- Make sure you keep your lawn well fertilized and use moss killer.
Source: My family landscaped for 20 years.
By Bev from Chilliwack
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Use old newspaper for your weed blanket. It keeps out the weeds, holds in the moisture. And when covered with mulch, who will ever know the difference.
Boulders for landscaping, fountains, and borders are so heavy, they can break your back - besides the fact they are so hard to arrange so they fit just right. Take some chicken wire and form it just the way you want the boulders to look; cover this with (color added) concrete soaked burlap bags; and then add a little more concrete over that. It looks great and is a lot easier on the back. Add some moss to take away that new look.
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 19, 2017 at 1:27:52 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us