Twice Baked Potatoes

A nice side dish or snack and tasty heated up the next day too. You can also place them on a baking sheet in the freezer and, once frozen, wrap individually for future use. Oh, and if you happen to have some Bacon Salt on hand be sure to add a "very sparing" sprinkling on top of each potato before serving.

• 4 large baking potatoes
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
  • 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
  • 8 green onions, sliced, divided
  • 1 cup cooked ham, coarsely chopped, divided

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Wash potatoes, pierce with fork, lightly coat skins with vegetable oil, and bake for 1 hour. When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.

Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop all except about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the flesh from the skins and place in a large bowl, keeping the skins aside.

Add sour cream, milk, butter, Dijon mustard, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the green onions, and 1/2 of the ham to the potato flesh. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions, and ham.

Bake for about another 15 minutes and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Deeli, this recipe is our son's favorite way to cook potatoes, and I'm leaning more and more to preferring them this way as well. With a good Twice Baked Potato and a nice green salad, who could ask for anything more? :-) Maybe a big glass of sweetened iced-tea with lemon. A little slice of cold egg-custard pie...

It's getting HOT HOT HOT here in south Florida right now, and it's only going to get hotter, so the more simple a meal is, the better.

Thank you.

Bacon salt? Okay Deeli, I need to know where you get it?

Here is the link to the bacon salt site. I have seen it at a couple of grocery stores too. I have not tried it yet but I have been tempted. Would be great on popcorn, I bet.

Hi GGVi. When you get to the bacon salt link that Jess supplied, it will tell you what grocery stores you can purchase it at. It's, of course, in the spice section. ;-) LOL! I have three of the flavors and, if I remember correctly, they have one or two others, too.

And yes Jess, it is indeed yummy on popcorn. ;-)

And thank you Pookarina Julia for your comment. Sometimes I cheat and double the cheese. LOL! What I like most about this twice baked is the added flavor from the Dijon.

Twice Baked Potato Recipes, Twice baked potatoes.
Twice Baked Potato Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Potatoes Baked PotatoesMay 24, 2010
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Baked Potato With Ham and Cheese
Baked Potato Tips And Tricks