Poll: Are you the most frugal person you know?

Today's poll asks: Are you the most frugal person you know? Post your answer below.

Post feedback about this poll below.

People who don't value thriftiness in their lives won't end up visiting this web site - so I would be surprised if the great majority of people didn't say they were the most thrifty person they know.

I have a friend who is much better than I am at recycling every scrap of paper and cardboard; and she would never think of buying lunch in the cafeteria - she always brings her own.

But she and her husband belong to a country club so that he can play golf every weekend, which is an expense I would never consider or want. And they travel quite a lot.

I think what people consider "simple" or "frugal" or "thrifty" or "mindful" is so very different, that it might be a waste of time to try and measure who was the "most" thrifty, and just encourage everyone along the way to do the best they can.

If pressed I can squeeze $.50 out of a $.25

Love this site!

Among my friends I am. I am because I chose not to join the rat race. My clothes are not the most stylish my home looks alittle worn. We have enough. I love to read and do crafts. I have time to do that because I do not need every new gadget out there. I'm sure I'm probably laughed at but I'm the one who has the free time that is so coveted by my friends

Pat & I think alike. I too am loved by friends,but I'm sure laughed at. In an art class I took, I saved my paint dabs at the end of class and put them in the freezer until next class. They were fine by the time I drove to class the next week.Someone said I wasn't cheap just "frugal". I said I couldn't think of a good reason to be wasteful. Then one friend gave me a ceramic tile that she put into a Mickey Mouse plastic covered container( I still have it after 12 years.) for me to use for the paint "Scraps" from the rest of the class. Most of the other class members seemed to never need theirs and threw them out at the end of class.They started asking if I wanted them, I was happy to have them.

I had a door to door sales lady talk me into buying handmade face powder when I was about 18 years old. It was supposed to be something special, So I used it very sparingly.Today , I still have that jar 1/3 full. Soon someone might want to put it on EBAY!!! LOL I haven't used it in 40 years years but every now and then I open it to smell the memory( I am a great grandma of 4 now.) Hubby collects bottles and cans from the neighbors. They are to busy to recycle so they were putting them in the trash..Broke my heart, so I sent him to ask if he could pick them up every week. Some months he gets $30-$40 for them. (Full tank of gas - free)

Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Heart Shaped Gift
Creative Birthday Ideas for a Giving Person
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Centaur Costume
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🎄