Hunting Theme Party

I am trying to plan a SURPRISE 40th Birthday party for my husband. I am not very creative and I am having trouble with decorating ideas and food. My father inlaw is going to BBQ, but I am just lost from here. My husband is a BIG Turkey hunter so I wanted to decorate around hunting, but I am lost where to even start. Please keep in mind I am on a small budget, so thrifty ideas would be great. I am having 3 casino tables (black jack, roullete and texas holden) brought in with dealers. The party is going to be outside around a pool and in the yard. I am expecting about 50 people. The party is in 3 weeks so I don't have much time. Please help me if you can.

Thanks!
Graciesmom2002 from Birmingham, AL

Best Answer

How about having the guests decorate themselves? They could come dressed as turkeys or hunters or something. Also, what about thanksgiving pictures for decorating? all the turkeys that are already cooked anyway.

Best Answer

I am throwing a Hunting theme party this summer. I picked up some camo burlap and brown netting and am making a blind around the food area. It will have the netting on the top and door area, not only to make it authentic but to keep the bugs out as we will be out in the woods. I also got camo material and had runners made for the tables. We rolled up silverware with the napkins and tied them with rafia to make them look rustic. I took some pictures of bears and deer and had them blown up to life size and put them on cardboard so they would be life sized. We are working on the cake design now.

Great ideas, what was your cake design after all? Do you have pics of the decorations? Was it costly to have the animals blown up life-size?

You could go with black for the big 40.You could check at the dollar stores and see what colors they had in Napkins and plates.You could do a camoflouge decor also.

I would go with a camoflauge theme. (My husband is a big hunter too) I have gotten wrapping paper from the dollar store that had a plain brown back you could decorate like camo for table cloths or here is a link to camo party supplies. http://partysuppliesworld.com/pages/PartyThemes/camouflage.html

I'm sure you could find more stuff. google camo party supplies.

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

TC in MO

Here is an even better link for camo stuff. this is the real stuff.

http://www.arkansasduckhunter.com/wdcamopaper8.asp

TC in MO

Two different themes seem a little much. I would just stick w/ the casino night and use black and white stuff like balloons..etc. Keep it simple. Doing the casino and a hunting theme are two great ideas on their own. Good luck and have fun!

http://www.arkansasduckhunter.com/camobirthdaypartysupplies.asp

Great minds think alike. I am doing the same, but no tables. I am not doing much for decorations, because I am buying him a new gun and browning safe which will be delivered during the party. There will be many kids at the party so we are doing kid friendly games...bingo, potato sack race, kid shoot the deer with the arrow like pin the tail on the donkey. Good Luck to you, everyone you have given great websites to shop from...casino night theme also look at http://www.shindigz.com http://www.partycheap.com and http://www.aperfectpartyzone.com

My husband is a hunters fanatic he will turn 44 and I want to do his birthday of hunting.

My husband is turning 60 on October 21, of course that is during DUCK SEASON so the party will be October 11. I am so NOT creative, so any ideas would be appreciated. Budget, invitations, table cloths, centerpieces, and food? Thanks

Where do you find camo burlap and brown netting? I love the idea about making the food area into a blind but I don't know where to get this material.

Our wedding was done in duck hunting and camouflage. I'm a redneck girl! Anyway we used our BRAND NEW sheets for table clothes and then used burlap and regular material. Our invitations were done with camouflage card stock and then a Sparkle Cream card stock was placed on top of that and glued down and then a cloudy cream colored over that tied to the others with raffia.

The grooms cake was a 2tiered camouflage *airbrushed* marbled cake and the topper was a sculptor I got at Hobby Lobby of 2 ducks kinna cuddling! TOO CUTE! And of course my bridal portraits were me in the barn *my great-grandpa's where we got married* with my boots and gun! Hope that helps for your decorations...try this for a cake www.sugarnspicebakery.com/images/Camo12.jpg or justcamousa.com That is where I got the paper for our invitations!

A man in his hunting clothing.
Hunting Theme Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesMay 1, 2007
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Victorian Christmas tree
Christmas Tree Theme Ideas
🎄