Update Mailbox With Shelf Paper

A simple way to redecorate your mailbox without spending a lot of money is with peel and stick "shelf paper" available almost anywhere.

I sized my mailbox with a piece of folded newspaper so I didn't even have to get out the slide tape or write down dimensions! Because the width of the paper was about 1/4 inch less than what I actually needed to cover the box from end to end I left it that way and also left the ends uncovered. All I needed (then) was the length of the peel & stick + overlap for the bottom.

Because I used an "off brand" of paper and it is known to not stay stuck, I reinforced it with wide mailing tape. All I needed the scissors for was to do a little trimming around the flag and I even did a little bit of patchwork where I cut too wide.

We will see how long this lasts! Please let me see your own mailbox updates!

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

I might add that it has been pretty rainy this past week & this seems to be holding up just fine! I was worried the off-brand would come unstuck & blow down the road in the first good wind!

The wide mailing tape as reinforcement "just in case". When I can, I plan on looking through some of my craft stickers to boldly add our name to one side & address to the other. I can deco seasonally with "other", like garland or something.

WARNING: This is best done on a day that it's NOT windy! I had a little trouble getting the sticky side stuck to itself & it can be frustrating if not maddening!

Photos Home ImprovementOctober 14, 2009
Nice landscaping around a black mailbox.
Landscaping Around Your Mailbox
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
Built-in Book Shelf
Repainting a Built-in Shelf
maibox in garden
Using a Mailbox for Storing Garden Tools
🎄