Shop Garage Sales For Summer Clothes

I have put on weight since moving to Colorado, and needed new clothes for summer. I have started to take off a few pounds via common sense changes, but don't want to buy new clothes for a project which will take about 6 months, since I like to do this gradually and comfortably. I decided I would keep an eye out for some nice summer clothes at garage sales and this morning, I struck pay dirt.

For the princely sum of $9, I got 4 pairs of comfortable cropped cotton slacks, and 3 tops. Only one top to go, and two outfits are interchangeable with what I already own. Summer shopping done except for the sandals.

By pikka from Westminster, CO

Consider also checking out your local Goodwill and Salvation Army. ;)

What a great deal!

My grand daughter (5) and I spend our summer looking through garage sales. She and mummu know the value of buying a stuffed animal for a quarter!! and clothes that will be grown out of in a month at that age.

Yeah, a lot of folks have tons of good clothes up for grabs. Just plan to be a little open-minded. Have a general idea of what you want, i.e. slacks and capris, rather than specifics like two pair black and two pair blue. Happy hunting!

To take in the waistband on a pair of pants that are temporarily too big do this. Make a slit on the INSIDE of the back waistband near each side. Thread a piece of 1" or wider elastic through and pin it on the INSIDE short enough to take up an inch or two of the waistband. This has worked for me for years of up and down weight.

Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Better Living Frugal Living TipsApril 13, 2010
A table full of items for sale at a garage sale.
Finding Garage Sales
Garage Sales
Shopping at Garage Sales
A woman taking a photo of a vase to post it on eBay.
eBay vs. Garage Sales
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor