Conditioning a Dry Leather Purse

What can I use to condition a leather purse that looks dry? I would like to use something that I already have in my home.

Sandy from Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Vaseline works great! Just rub it on and use a dishtowel to wipe it off (Don't rub too hard though). It will soak into the purse nicely and your purse will be shiny, protected, and soft to the touch.

Thanks, I'll try that. I wondered if hand cream or something like that might work. I figured if it was safe for my hands it would be safe for my bag but I don't know. I didn't pay a fortune for this bag but it's a great shape and size. It just needs a little something to make it look better. Thanks so much for your help! I'll try that!

You could try Olive Oil as well.

Mink oil works great to soften and protect leather. Saddlesoap is another good product to waterproof and protect leather.

Home and Garden Repair OtherJanuary 22, 2009
Leather Purse
Cleaning Oil Stains on a Leather Purse
girl with shiny hair
Homemade Conditioning Rinse Recipes
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Leather Wallet
Re-dyeing Leather