Homemade Detergents and Performance Fabrics

I see many recipes for homemade laundry detergent, and I am wondering if they work with performance fabrics (e.g., Nike's Dri-Fit).

Liquid soaps and fabric softeners clog the fabrics, destroying their sweat wicking properties. Does anyone know whether the homemade detergents would also clog the fabrics?

Using white vinegar in the rince cycle should solve your problem- it helps wash the detergent completely out of the clothing, is a natural fabric softener and helps keep your washing machine from getting clogged by the residue.

No, your clothes won't smell like vinegar after. :)

I have been making my own detergent for 10 years, I only use 1 table spoon in large loads, and as recommended below I only use vinegar in my rinse water. for all my loads.

Actually, after using vinegar in the rinse cycle, your clothes may have a hint of vinegar fragrance to them when you first take them out of the washer, but this will be gone by the time you dry them (even if you air dry them).

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 29, 2004
Two women in alien costumes.
Making an Alien Costume
Laundry soap on top of a washer.
Best Laundry Soap for Front Load Washers
A large crowd in front of a nighttime concert with bright stage lights.
Saving Money on Concert Tickets
Rusty bike leaning against a stone cottage wall.
Removing Rust from a Bike