Paint Colors to Brighten a Bathroom

I have a small bathroom with no window. The walls are a pale yellow that makes the room seem dim when the 4 big round bulb fixtures above the mirror reflect off it. I'm looking to remodel this into a beach themed bathroom. I plan to replace the counter and the doors with an off white, tannish colored top and doors.

What color would help brighten the room and go along with this theme? I'm aiming for a blue/teal that's a few shades from white but just enough to tell its blue. I am really trying to brighten the room but not have it all be white and coordinate well together. What color do you think helps brighten a no-window room?

By Hope4Life from FL

I think I would go with white or an off-white paint color, and then go with sand/blue as accent colors. Good luck.

It is a very small bathroom, stick with white or ivory for the walls. You can add color with the shower curtain, towels, bathmat and other accessories. Hang a colorful framed picture over the toilet.

I have a TINY bath with no window also and it's painted an off white - walls and ceiling. I've put a bright yellow valance in front of the clear shower curtain and used small pictures with yellow frames. I have a small (8" square) table painted sage green with a wicker basket on it filled with a couple of towels and bath cloths. The bath mat is bright yellow. It's still a small room but I think the yellow brightens it up.

We painted our small bathroom this pumpkin color from Benjamin Moore. It is bright, yet does not make the room a sickening orange. Moore makes a bathroom/kitchen paint to help with humidity and heat. Shower curtain was from Walmart and everything else was purchased at Lowes

Go for a ocean turquoise in a palish shade and accent with shell colors perhaps peach, off white, sand and cream.

My small guest bathroom (no window) is also a pale yellow. I have a little tabletop lamp tucked into the corner of the vanity and I keep a 15-watt bulb on in there all day. It doesn't cost much in electricity and provides a constant soft glow that you don't get from an overhead fixture.

My aunt has a bathroom around this same size without the tub, and it has only two lights on either side of the mirror. I'm in the design field, with graphics, and did a color theory course for school. My aunt's bathroom proved some color and lighting affects. It had a chair rail and the bottom half was a sea bold green color but the high ceilings and top half was a bold sky deeper blue. WOW! The room looked like it was glowing that deep blue. even made the light bulbs seem that color! so the color of the walls will affect your light source. I feel tan and off white will do the same as the dull yellow so I'm going to try a very pale but brighter aqua sea blue. Kinda like the ocean colors in crystal clear water but paler as a few shades from white.

Taking out the sink for a white and or off white color to match the other things and bring in the tans and sand colors and shells as accents. I feel the brighter walls will also help the lights seem brighter/cleaner and not dim and dull. I will be sure to post an "after" picture when done. thanks for the replies and tips!

Yes to the white walls, and then you can switch around the accent colors all you want. I can see some strong aqua and tan colors with the white. Yuk to that old yellow!

I just did my bathroom which looks the same size as yours with same configuration. The paint i chose was Pacific Coast from walmart. I chose neutral towels, silver towel bar and toilet paper holder, clear garbage can and soap dispenser, clear toothbrush holder, and a neutral shower curtain. since you want a beach theme i suggest http://www.tatouagedesigns.com/

They have murals that you hang like wallpaper. they are easy to do and look beautiful

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceApril 27, 2009
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Use Paint Colour Strips As Wall Pockets
Reusing Sample Paint Swatches
🎉
🎄