Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Roaring 20s Theme Dance

I need some ideas for a "roaring twenties theme" at my high school's homecoming in October.

Dwoods from LasVegas, Nevada

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By DKing (Guest Post)08/27/2006

Our school is having a 20's themed homecoming also, and for most of the decorations, we are projecting silent movies on the walls.try it out!
Good luck!

By Gloria [5]08/22/2006

20's music is a must. Blacks and Silver can be used. Head bands and Feather's, boa's and that sort. Radio shows were big like red skelton, charlie mcarthy. Fred astair and gingr rodger. Charlie chaplin and the depression was also begining but thats not really anything to use.

By Laura08/21/2006

did a search on Roaring Twenties Party theme and here is what came up: It has lots of ideas and info here. Good luck. Oh, I said top hats in my last post it is looking like it should be fedora's

http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/Themes/1920s.htm

1920'S THEME IDEAS:

- Black & White
- Speakeasy Bar
- Gangsters / Al Capone / Bugsy Siegel
- Flappers
- Silent Movies
- Jazz / The Charleston / The Black Bottom / The Lindy Hop
- Al Jolson / Duke Ellington / Irving Berlin / Fanny Brice
- Prohibition "Bathtub Gin"
- The Great Gatsby
- Cotton Club / Ragtime Band
- Art Deco / Aviation
- Fedoras / English Driving Caps / Zoot Suits / Wing Tip Shoes
- Model T Fords / Tabloid Newspapers
- Mah Jongg / Oriental Lanterns / Victrolas
- Long Pearl Necklaces / Headbands / Feathers / Cloche Hats

By (Guest Post)08/21/2006

What comes to mind is Flappers wearing dresses with fringe all down them. Head bands with feathers and sequins on them. Dramatic eye make up, guys wearing top hats and tails. Zoot Suits and gangsters.

Boa feathers draped around and flowing. Go on line and look up the roaring twentys there are tons of things out there.

Center pieces could be a Top hat with Flowers in it. Or little decorations with top hats and canes.

By pam2cats (Guest Post)08/20/2006

Gee, even I am not old enough to remember the roaring twenties. I do know that the most popular dance was the Charleston. good luck.