What type of glue do I use for fabric?

Could someone please let me know the best glue for fabric? I believe I have tried it all, but my jewels fall off of everything I make. I would appreciate any help that you have to offer.

Thanks,
Janet Thompson from Humble,Texas

Showing: Answers Sort

By SL Edens 1 395 Flag

Hi Janet! I think I used to use Aleene's Jewel-It or OK to Wash-It Fabric Glue for my jewels on shirts. I haven't made any for years but I never had any fall off.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

HI Janet!

I sell gemstones and glue and all of my dress designers use Gem Tac By Beacon. It's a great quality glue and if pageant people use it.. you know it works. E 6000 is also a great glue.. but sometimes it eats the backing off of the stones. Hope this helps!

Cindy beadlady

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By patg 5 44 Flag

try tacky glue or hot glue or nail glue but be carefully with the nail glue it sticks to everthing and is hard to remove but to remove it from your hands us nail polish remover hopes this lets you

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

You could try that Beacon's brand, they have a fabric glue, it works great, I used it for making ribbon roses for my son's wedding, even the bride's flowers.Since the one person warned that beacon gemtack could do some damage, this one may be safer.Keep the lid on and use it up, it gets hard in the bottle if you let it sit around too long.Kersti)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Crafts AdviceNovember 28, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Sticker Glue from Wood Furniture
Embellishment Glue
Removing Embellishment Glue from Fabric
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:24:36 PM on 10.0.1.208 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings