Gluing Fabric to Paper

Finding the best glue for your project helps guarantee a satisfactory outcome. Not all glue products will work well when gluing fabric and paper to each other. This is a guide about gluing fabric to paper.

I have a nylon backpack, which I'll be using as carry-on luggage for an upcoming trip. I want to attach one of my business cards for easy identification and info on how to contact me should the bag be misplaced. Anyone have any ideas as to the best type of glue or tape I should use? Many thanks in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

Check out "Gorilla All-Purpose Glue" to me it is the best glue on the market, it will hold ANY THING !!

What's the best glue to use for paper and fabric crafts? More precisely, what's the best glue to use for gluing fabric to paper (cardstock)?

By curiouskitten

Answers

Best Answer

I like 3M Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive.
www.scotchbrand.com/.../?PC_7_RJH9U52300LM30I87QR3ES18H7_salecomponent...

I make and sell cards. I don't do much with ribbons/fabrics, but when I do, I either use this, a tape runner, or on rare occasions I'll use my Xyron.

I'm going to include a couple pics of some cards I've made. I used the 3M Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive on both of them.

Best Answer

I have had good luck using iron-on backing on the fabric, cut out the shape, iron it on the card or the box or what ever paper object you wish to decorate. This is the same iron-on backing that you would use on an all fabric project.

Best Answer

I do a lot of papercraft and if I need to attach fabric detailing, such as a flower, I tend to use a blob of 'hot melt' glue in the centre ('cool melt' would probably be just as good). If I want to stick on a larger, flat piece of fabric I use double sided sticky tape.

You can also purchase sheets of 'sticky dots' that you apply whatever needs sticking straight on to the sheet. When you lift it off the entire back will be covered in evenly spaced, minute, glue dots, ready for sticking onto your project. Any other glue can tend to wet the paper and 'warp' it whilst drying. Hope this helps?