Using Acrylic Water

Filling your vase with faux water for your silk flower arrangement can help give it life-like detail. This is a guide about making and using acrylic water.

I have a flower arrangement in a vase with acrylic water and would like to re-use the vase. Can I get the acrylic water to become liquid again or have I lost the vase?

Craft Amateur from Ocala, FL

Answers

I think you've lost the vase....sorry :(

Try Bar Keepers friend...they have a website. I get it at my Savemart. Mix as a paste, take a toothbrush and rub on. leave it for around twenty min. rinse it off. Check to see if any results. Try again, at least a couple of times as I don't know how long or thick the residue is on your vase. good luck. Be sure to notice all things bar keeper's friend does. You'll never be without it once you've tried it!
Jennifer CA

I know this is an old thread, but perhaps it will save another vase sometime. If the vase is glass, you can use acetone, and just fill the vase with the acetone and let it sit for several days. You will probably have to repeat this step several times, as the acetone dissolves the acrylic. It will eventually all come out.

Some of the stuff I have says reheat to reuse. Hope it works.

Found on E-how by Laurie Rappeport

How to Remove Acrylic Water From a Vase

Flower-arrangers and centerpiece creators are enthralled with the new acrylic water material. Acrylic water looks like real water but is actually a solution that will solidify into a hard mass that still looks like real water. Before solidifying, silk flowers and other objects can be put into the acrylic water, creating beautiful decorations and projects that can be presented as gifts or used as centerpieces. Sometimes, expensive vases are used and the creator subsequently decides to reuse the vase. In that case, the acrylic "water" must be dissolved so that a new project can begin.

Fill the vase with acetone (the acrylic water will be filling up about half of the vase, so there should be enough acetone to completely fill the rest of the vase).

What can I use in a glass fish bowl to put a couple fake fish in that would turn solid and clear to look like water with fish in it?

Answers

A crafts store should have the product you describe.

I would like to know how to make and the ingredients necessary to make acrylic water. As soon as possible please.

By Gloria A

Answers

I don't think you can "make" the ingredients it takes, but Wal-Mart sells kits to make acrylic water in the craft department- look near the floral supplies. Any hobby type store should have it too- Hobby Lobby, Pat Catan's, Michaels, etc. I'm sure there are a thousand sources online for it too.

I have 4, 4oz liqueur glasses; I do not plan drinking from them. They will always will be decor. I went and bought an acrylic water kit and some little acrylic things that look like ice. My question is would it be OK to add a little food coloring so it looks as if there was a cocktail made in them?

By Juanita from Stockton, CA

Answers

I've found it extremely helpful to call the company and ask them any questions that I have about what can be done to/with their products. They really know their product's limitations, what others have tried, and what their experiments and research have showed. It saves a lot off guess-work, time, and aggrevation. Often, I wish that I'd called sooner.

I have a vase that has gel that looks like water in it. It is yellowed; does anyone know how to clean it?

By Linda

I would like to learn to use acrylic water with silk flower arrangements. Is there a home made recipe, or do you have to buy the boxes of acrylic water from the stores and mix it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By sue bee from MO