Removing Acrylic Water From a Vase

I have a flower arrangement in a vase with acrylic water and would like to re-use the vase. Can I get the acrylic water to become liquid again or have I lost the vase?

Craft Amateur from Ocala, FL

I think you've lost the vase....sorry :(

Try Bar Keepers friend...they have a website. I get it at my Savemart. Mix as a paste, take a toothbrush and rub on. leave it for around twenty min. rinse it off. Check to see if any results. Try again, at least a couple of times as I don't know how long or thick the residue is on your vase. good luck. Be sure to notice all things bar keeper's friend does. You'll never be without it once you've tried it!
Jennifer CA

I know this is an old thread, but perhaps it will save another vase sometime. If the vase is glass, you can use acetone, and just fill the vase with the acetone and let it sit for several days. You will probably have to repeat this step several times, as the acetone dissolves the acrylic. It will eventually all come out.

Some of the stuff I have says reheat to reuse. Hope it works.

Found on E-how by Laurie Rappeport

How to Remove Acrylic Water From a Vase

Flower-arrangers and centerpiece creators are enthralled with the new acrylic water material. Acrylic water looks like real water but is actually a solution that will solidify into a hard mass that still looks like real water. Before solidifying, silk flowers and other objects can be put into the acrylic water, creating beautiful decorations and projects that can be presented as gifts or used as centerpieces. Sometimes, expensive vases are used and the creator subsequently decides to reuse the vase. In that case, the acrylic "water" must be dissolved so that a new project can begin.

Fill the vase with acetone (the acrylic water will be filling up about half of the vase, so there should be enough acetone to completely fill the rest of the vase).