Gluing Paper to Plastic

Whether it's for a craft project or you just need to cover something up, sometimes you need to attach paper to a piece of plastic. Some glues will work better than others to get the task completed. This is a guide about gluing paper to plastic.

I want to make favors for a baptism by removing labels from M&M mini containers and decorating with scrapbook paper, stickers, and ribbon. I used glue dots and it lasted all of 2 hrs before unrolling. Another thought is was taping the edge, but I'm not sure I like the look. What is the best option for adhering the paper to plastic so it doesn't come off for at least a month?

By Emendi

Answers

Go to www.thistothat.com. Enter the two things that you want to glue and it will give you an answer. Good luck.

Margaret from Denton, Texas

Did you try a glue stick? I use one for a lot of things and it works great!

Also you don't even have to remove all those labels. Just glue right on them.

If you want them to be more permanent, use decoupage, very long lasting and easy to use. Hope this helps

I've started making rings. I have small transparent plastic ovals, underneath I glue a small image that I cut out of a magazine. I have trouble finding the right glue. With a few glues I tried, it sticks well and looks good at first, but after a few weeks you start to get silver-looking lines, and you don't see the image well anymore.

By Sel

Answers

Mod podge is an excellent choice for this project. You can find it at arts and craft stores.

Go to any crafts store. Aileens makes a line of glues and so does Modge Podge