Gluing Paper to Plastic

Whether it's for a craft project or you just need to cover something up, sometimes you need to attach paper to a piece of plastic. Some glues will work better than others to get the task completed. This is a guide about gluing paper to plastic.

What is the best glue to stick paper labels to some plastic bottles? I made some ginger beer and some custom labels. I need labels that I can get to stay on the bottles. Second to this, they need to have some flex in the adhesion as the bottles expand slightly as it carbonates. I have tried a glue stick and it didn't really stick the labels to the bottles at all. I did wash and dry the bottles before trying to glue the labels.

Answers

Best Answer

I would use hot glue because I have that on hand. Just dab a couple of dots and seal the seams.

But other glues that work including hot glue is: craft glue, spray adhesive glue, super glue.

Best Answer

I think brush-on rubber cement glue would suit you the best

I want to make favors for a baptism by removing labels from M&M mini containers and decorating with scrapbook paper, stickers, and ribbon. I used glue dots and it lasted all of 2 hrs before unrolling. Another thought is was taping the edge, but I'm not sure I like the look. What is the best option for adhering the paper to plastic so it doesn't come off for at least a month?

By Emendi

Answers

Go to www.thistothat.com. Enter the two things that you want to glue and it will give you an answer. Good luck.
Margaret from Denton, Texas

Did you try a glue stick? I use one for a lot of things and it works great!

Also you don't even have to remove all those labels. Just glue right on them.

If you want them to be more permanent, use decoupage, very long lasting and easy to use. Hope this helps

Decoupage is an art, not a glue.

The best glue for paper to plastic is a cheap, simple homemade gelatin glue. It does not have toxic fumes as rubber cement, and can be used by children. It is THE Stickiest, clear, safe,and easy to clean up with soap and water glue one can find. It is permanent , stain-free and you can wash the brushes out with soap and water (all of which is untrue for rubber cement).

Plain unflavored gelatin is found in the grocery store, and there are recipes online. I like the YouTube video that uses vinegar with the gelatin as it is an antibacterial agent, but you can use just plain water and gelatin to make the glue in a few minutes!

I've started making rings. I have small transparent plastic ovals, underneath I glue a small image that I cut out of a magazine. I have trouble finding the right glue. With a few glues I tried, it sticks well and looks good at first, but after a few weeks you start to get silver-looking lines, and you don't see the image well anymore.

By Sel

Answers

Mod podge is an excellent choice for this project. You can find it at arts and craft stores.

Go to any crafts store. Aileens makes a line of glues and so does Modge Podge

Gluing paper to plastic that will last a long time may require an adhesive spray.

• Any type of glue will stick better if you use sandpaper on the plastic so it is no longer smoth and shiny.
  • You can take the ring and paper to a craft or art store and see what suggestions they have.
  • I like using E-6000 glue for everything and it has always worked well for me.
  • Most glues can be found at Walmart, Target, craft stores, or on line.
  • Ad

• www.walmart.com/.../17808713