Best Glue for Sticking Custom Labels on Plastic Bottles

What is the best glue to stick paper labels to some plastic bottles? I made some ginger beer and some custom labels. I need labels that I can get to stay on the bottles. Second to this, they need to have some flex in the adhesion as the bottles expand slightly as it carbonates. I have tried a glue stick and it didn't really stick the labels to the bottles at all. I did wash and dry the bottles before trying to glue the labels.

Best Answer

I would use hot glue because I have that on hand. Just dab a couple of dots and seal the seams.

But other glues that work including hot glue is: craft glue, spray adhesive glue, super glue.

Best Answer

I think brush-on rubber cement glue would suit you the best

I have always used rubber cement glue that comes in the bottle with a small paint brush in the lid. The rubber cement blue works great and you only need to put it on the two ends and not the entire label.

I like Gorilla Glue.

If you are using a large label you may find that some glues will get very expensive if you have to cover the entire label.

• You may be able to use glue sparingly - maybe narrow vertical strips and a ring around the outer edges to keep it from "rolling" off.
  • I love E6000 glue and use it for almost any kind of material and it does not set up on contact so you can spread it around before it sets. It is not a "hard" glue and kinda remains "flexible".
  • This glue as well as spray adhesive can be found at most Walmart, target type stores as well as craft and art stores or on-line.
  • www.walmart.com/.../17808713
  • Any glue you try will probably last longer if you try to rough up your plastic with a little sandpaper as glue adheres to a slightly rough area better than to a smooth slick area.

I would use a homemade glue made with plain gelatin (buy the powder packet at grocery store) and plain white vinager. Its super cheap, and extremely sticky. The recipes for gelatin glue is easily found online. I use it to teach recycled crafts to kids, and this glue will stick paper to glass, plastic, etc.

Its easily brushed on, non toxic, and the brush is washed out. Rubber cement is really bad- it stains paper permanently, stinks, and the pasted item will fall off after a year or two. It also toxic to smell, get on hands, and should not ever be used.