Gluing Paper to Plastic

I want to make favors for a baptism by removing labels from M&M mini containers and decorating with scrapbook paper, stickers, and ribbon. I used glue dots and it lasted all of 2 hrs before unrolling. Another thought is was taping the edge, but I'm not sure I like the look. What is the best option for adhering the paper to plastic so it doesn't come off for at least a month?

By Emendi

Go to www.thistothat.com. Enter the two things that you want to glue and it will give you an answer. Good luck.
Margaret from Denton, Texas

Did you try a glue stick? I use one for a lot of things and it works great!

Also you don't even have to remove all those labels. Just glue right on them.

If you want them to be more permanent, use decoupage, very long lasting and easy to use. Hope this helps

Decoupage is an art, not a glue.

The best glue for paper to plastic is a cheap, simple homemade gelatin glue. It does not have toxic fumes as rubber cement, and can be used by children. It is THE Stickiest, clear, safe,and easy to clean up with soap and water glue one can find. It is permanent , stain-free and you can wash the brushes out with soap and water (all of which is untrue for rubber cement).

Plain unflavored gelatin is found in the grocery store, and there are recipes online. I like the YouTube video that uses vinegar with the gelatin as it is an antibacterial agent, but you can use just plain water and gelatin to make the glue in a few minutes!