Gluing Paper to Plastic

I've started making rings. I have small transparent plastic ovals, underneath I glue a small image that I cut out of a magazine. I have trouble finding the right glue. With a few glues I tried, it sticks well and looks good at first, but after a few weeks you start to get silver-looking lines, and you don't see the image well anymore.

By Sel

Mod podge is an excellent choice for this project. You can find it at arts and craft stores.

Go to any crafts store. Aileens makes a line of glues and so does Modge Podge

Gluing paper to plastic that will last a long time may require an adhesive spray.

• Any type of glue will stick better if you use sandpaper on the plastic so it is no longer smoth and shiny.
  • You can take the ring and paper to a craft or art store and see what suggestions they have.
  • I like using E-6000 glue for everything and it has always worked well for me.
  • Most glues can be found at Walmart, Target, craft stores, or on line.
  • www.walmart.com/.../17808713