Selling Excess Craft Supplies

There are many reasons you may find yourself with excess craft supplies. One way to reduce the clutter and organize the supplies you keep, is to sell them. This is a guide about selling excess craft supplies.

I was planning to start a T-shirt business, so I bought a whole lot of heat press transfers (pre-designed). My plan has changed, and I don't know what to do with them. I'm planning to sell them at a very low price to get some of my money back. Where should I sell these transfers? They are brand new.

Thanks.

Answers

Are they customizable at all, or are they set designs? I know some people that may be interested if it is at all customizable. Please describe them further or post a photo/link.

The obvious choices are craigslist.org, ebay.com, and there are now facebook groups where you can buy, sell, trade.

Sell them on eBay as a lot. Start with a low price to get people interested. I'll bet someone buys.

ebay or itsy

Thanks for the suggestions. Since there are hundreds of them, I am not able to take the pictures of them all. Do you think it will be a problem?

My wife, who passed away five years ago, spent many years in a craft business that involved painting and selling pecan shell resin figurines. She made many acquisitions of unpainted figurines from individuals and from the companies that were going out of business. The inventory numbers in the hundreds. I am looking for an outlet for these items, as I am relocating and have no room nor desire to keep them. How can I get rid of this inventory?

By Keith from Clearwater, FL

Answers

Give them to a church

I would try ebay that would in my opinion be your best bet. Sell them in lots of like five to ten the unpainted ones that is. Sometimes you can find companies in your local area that will do it for you for a share of the profits. Hope this helps.

Before trying to sell them on Ebay, I'd do some internet searching for people who are in the same business your late wife was. It seems to me they'd be the prime market for the inventory.

Donate them to a senior citizen center, or a nursing home. This would be great "fellowship" items. Good luck.

Try posting the items on Craigslist, first. Be as detailed as you can and take pictures of the items, if you can. Craigslist.com doesn't cost anything and there is a local Craigslist for the Tampa Bay area. There is an area on there for arts and crafts for you to post. I have used Craigslist with success with both buying and selling! Good Luck!

If you don't have to sell right away, go to your public library's reference section and see what magazines deal with the type of novelties/collectibles she made or, if you have sales receipts from people she sold to in quantity you could contact them. My thought with the mags. is that you could run a classified. Another poster referenced Craigslist. A good site but be careful about personal information, few people are not what they seem, but you don't want to be caught by one who doesn't want to treat you right. Best of luck!

Another good, free selling site is Kijiji (pronounced Key-gee-gee." Haven't managed to sell anything there, but hubby found an excellent dog there a couple of years ago. As I recall, they also have a craft/collectible section. go to www.kijiji.com and see what you think.

Hi Keith I'm in Colorado would purchase your items for senior crafts program i please contact me. Sophia at 303-476-3629

Hey do u have any pecan figures left.

I am currently clearing my mother's property. Due to dementia she has accumulated a great deal of craft magazines, most are un-opened in the cellophane wrapping with kits, etc. included. I am looking to sell them to raise funds for her continued care. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My neighbor has many boxes containing porcelain dolls, wigs, clothes, etc. that his wife made. There are molds also. His wife actually made them for years. He needs to get rid of all of it. We do not want to just throw the supplies away. I am trying to help him find someone who might appreciate having them or have a use for them. They could be finished and sold. Is there a market for these things? How do we go about finding a place for all of these things? There are also purchased dolls in boxes.

I have tons of craft materials (new) like ribbons, mini figures, small wood pieces, etc. and craft magazines that I would like to sell. Does anyone know how to go about selling these things? Thank you!

Casey from Plano, TX

Answers

Find someone who has a digital camera and who knows how to sell on EBay. Ask them to photo, list and sell your items. Make their fee contingent on the items selling. Some groups of items sell really well.

Hi Casey,
I am in Plano, Texas too! What a small world. But one way to sell your craft items is on www.craigslist.com
That's a source for all kinds of things from jobs to, real estate to jogging partners.
Good luck,
Yvette

I'm going to clear bag all of mine, set them out two days early on the curb and allow someone to have them for free. "Freely you have been given, so freely give." "It's better to give than to receive."
You will most definitely get a blessing for doing this, especially now that so many are confined to their homes with elders and/or children during the Winter.

Thanks for your ideas! Grammy Sheila, what is an MSN group and how do I contact them? I would love to sell my things to people who can really use them (many items are hard to find!). Thank you, thank you!

I sell my craft supplies on Etsy.com and have done very well.

My mother recently passed away and she was a crafter. Does anyone know where I can sell her unused fabric? She has so much of it and I would love for someone to buy it.

By Fran from CT

Answers

Advertise for free on craigslist.

etsy.com or ebay.com.