Selling Inventory from a Business?

My wife, who passed away five years ago, spent many years in a craft business that involved painting and selling pecan shell resin figurines. She made many acquisitions of unpainted figurines from individuals and from the companies that were going out of business. The inventory numbers in the hundreds. I am looking for an outlet for these items, as I am relocating and have no room nor desire to keep them. How can I get rid of this inventory?

By Keith McMullen from Clearwater, FL

Give them to a church

I would try ebay that would in my opinion be your best bet. Sell them in lots of like five to ten the unpainted ones that is. Sometimes you can find companies in your local area that will do it for you for a share of the profits. Hope this helps.

Before trying to sell them on Ebay, I'd do some internet searching for people who are in the same business your late wife was. It seems to me they'd be the prime market for the inventory.

Donate them to a senior citizen center, or a nursing home. This would be great "fellowship" items. Good luck.

Try posting the items on Craigslist, first. Be as detailed as you can and take pictures of the items, if you can. Craigslist.com doesn't cost anything and there is a local Craigslist for the Tampa Bay area.

There is an area on there for arts and crafts for you to post. I have used Craigslist with success with both buying and selling! Good Luck!

If you don't have to sell right away, go to your public library's reference section and see what magazines deal with the type of novelties/collectibles she made or, if you have sales receipts from people she sold to in quantity you could contact them. My thought with the mags. is that you could run a classified. Another poster referenced Craigslist. A good site but be careful about personal information, few people are not what they seem, but you don't want to be caught by one who doesn't want to treat you right. Best of luck!

Another good, free selling site is Kijiji (pronounced Key-gee-gee." Haven't managed to sell anything there, but hubby found an excellent dog there a couple of years ago. As I recall, they also have a craft/collectible section. go to www.kijiji.com and see what you think.

Hi Keith I'm in Colorado would purchase your items for senior crafts program i please contact me. Sophia at 303-476-3629

Hey do u have any pecan figures left.

Business and Legal BusinessMarch 24, 2010
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf23835350.tip.html