Removing Excess Moisture from Zucchini Before Freezing

Category Vegetables
It is a good idea to remove excess moisture from your zucchini prior to freezing for a better result when using it later. This is a guide about removing excess moisture from zucchini before freezing.

How do I dry zucchini after blanching and before freezing? I've tried blotting and air drying. After freezing, the zucchini gets icy from all the moisture.

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By Sumac from Arlington,WA

Best Answer

Try just slicing and freezing straight from the garden. After 60 yr of freezing foods, I was told just this summer (too late for me to try) to avoid all the water in squash, do not blanch. Wash the whole squash, slice and freeze.

I put it in a strainer with very small openings to drain, that does the trick for me.

You can use a strainer to drain and then gently squeeze more moisture out. :-)