Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade TV Dinners

Does anyone know any good recipes for homemade TV Dinners?

beth9980 from DC Metro

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By sally place (Guest Post)03/02/2008

Thank you for these great idea's.I just have to find some microwaveable containers now.

By Carol (Guest Post)12/14/2006

I live alone and regardless how I cook I end up w. more than needed, so certain things can be frozen so I buy the plastic divider containers w. lids and fill them up with say....meat, veggies, mashed potatoes. For Thanksgiving I did some w. turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes and veggies. When I want an easy meal, just pop one into the microwave. Just make sure the containers are microwavable. Nuke for 3 minutes...stir potatoes and nuke for an additional 2 minutes.

By Glinda (Guest Post)12/14/2006

I've made homemade t.v. dinners before for my family to have handy in the freezer when we are in a hurry. My family liked my meatloaf, or porkchop dinners the best. Also baked chicken. the food is cooked when put into the "t.v." plates and covered and cooled.
Meatloaf, 1 pound of burger, One chopped onion, 1 Packette of taco seasoning, 1 small can of tomatoe sauce. Blend ingredients, add an egg, and some crushed crackers until the "ball" is able to pass from hand to hand. I like microwave meat loaf. Put meatloaf into microwave covered dish, spread some tomatoe sauce or ketchup on top , and poke some holes. Then cook for @20 minutes on high. It's good. (note) if you don't have any onions, use a pack of dry onion soup mix. Cool, slice and fix plates with side orders precooked like vegetable, or potatoes. (a note on potatoes, you can get the potatoe cakes at Walmart in box for very cheap, easy for a plate meal). Boil your vegetables before putting into cooling plate.
With the baked chicken or pork chops, bake the meat with seasonings you like. we like trying seasonings then baking until done, cool. Add to plate. I've fixed as many as 20 plates with cooking large quanities of meat, then cooking an assortment of vegetables, fixing the plates, cooling them, then seal and freeze. Serve with a side salad if desired. Some smaller plates can be served with a side bowl of soup.
hope this helps.

By Janny (Guest Post)12/14/2006

I guess you mean frozen meals? I leave these for my husband whenever I go away for a few days. I just cook extra of some of his favourite meals and put each into a plastic container. Usually I have gravy of sauce to keep meal moist. I put a nome on the lid and the date. he heats them in the microwave.