Product Review: Poulan Weed Eater

Product: Weed Eater

Model: Gas Powered Dual-Cut Wheeled #WT3100

Manufacturer: Poulan

This product is a life saver. I have always had to wait for my husband to do all the trimming (and he's only home one weekend a month). So in summer it would be badly grown by the time he got to it), because the gas powered ones are too heavy for me, and the electric ones are too short. With my bad back I couldn't stay bent over to do it.

But this one is gas powered and on wheels. I can go anywhere with it, and I'm able to do the whole yard in one day and not be in tears from back pain when I'm finished. Also, the string isn't the coil type that most use. It comes in pre-cut lengths. I can pull the old one out and put the new one in, in just a matter of a minute or so. I rigged up a pouch for them on the neck of the machine so they are always handy.

This is the best product for lawn care since the invention of the riding mower. I only have one complaint about it. And that is that the only place to buy it is at Wal-Mart. Poulan will not sell it through any other dealer or any other method. And more and more Wal-Mart's are not stocking them. I don't understand why either, because whenever they do have them, they can't keep them in stock because people are buying them so fast. But if you can find them, they are worth their weight in gold.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

I had never heard of this product, but it sounds wonderful. Another good new product is the Black & Decker cordless weedeater. I could not hold out to use the gas one, either, but I can work indefinitely with my new cordless one because it's so light that anybody can carry it with one hand. Thanks for sharing this product with us and God bless you.

The B&D one sounds good to me except for the string line. That's one of the many advantages to the Weed Eater one. I'm all thumbs with the coiled strings. No matter how "easy" they are, I always manage to somehow unwind the whole thing amd really have a mess! With mine there's no spool to mess wiith so I couldn't mess it up if I tried!

Also, how tall is the B&D one? I've never understood why they make the electric ones so short. Do they think that we women are all only 4 feet tall? I'm 5'4 and have to bend over to use most of the electric ones.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Lawn & GardenMay 29, 2009
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Picky Eater Boy
Parenting a Picky Eater
🎄
🍂