General AdviceConsumer Advice

Surprising My Boyfriend With a Vacation

I am taking my boyfriend on a surprise vacation to see his friend in San Diego over the 4th of July. Since it is for my boyfriend he doesn't know yet. I want to surprise him with the trip on his birthday which is 1 week before we leave. Does anyone have any good creative suggestions for how I should tell him about the trip? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

By ElizabethNeedsHelp from Portland, OR

You could tell him that you 'won' some tickets to Sea World (or whatever attraction/park/etc is there) from an online contest. Completely 'forget' about the fact that his friend lives there. If he says, oh we could go see my buddy Dave, say yeah, that would be great, if we have time. Something like that. That would at least explain why you are going to the same place that his friend lives.

When I had an opportunity to travel to England but needed help with the airfare, my Brother and Sister-in-law gave me a toy airplane with a tag on it telling me they were helping me pay airfare. It was a great surprise and I still have the toy many years later. The same could be done with any mode of transportation toy and the recipient would have a keepsake of the occasion for years to come.

Are you driving or flying? Make some fake tickets and put in a small box wrapped with a road map.

Everyone said about the same thing I was going to say. Put a small car in a box if traveling by car with a picture of his friend or an airplane it going by plane.