Making Infant Dresses

I want to know more about cutting methods of infant dresses.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you sewing? If you're sewing from a pattern, you lay the pattern piece(s) on the fabric, making sure the grain is going in the proper direction (should be marked on the pattern). You can pin the pattern to the fabric so it doesn't shift while cutting, or I use little weights. Once the pattern is placed & secured, cut the fabric with scissors.

Is that what you're asking? Or do you want to know something else?

Are you talking about very small infant? Like the little newborn stuff? If you want to have store bought types of stuff, the best bet is buy one baby pattern with lots of styles included. Or you can take an outfit you like and lay it flat, and make your own pattern out of newspaper. You will need to include the front and back, arms, all pieces,

plus extra [one half to five-eighths of an inch] all the way around on any sewing edges.

Is it possible for you to find a simple book on sewing at a library? Let us know how much you have by way of sewing

experience and resources you have and whether you will be using machine or by hand. Of course you can make something; it's been done ever since sewing has been done. I like to use adult tee shirts for home comfort clothes for small children myself.

Supplies: Tshirt and fabric

Enough fabric about the same width of the tshirt or more to be more bulked up.

1. Sew a seam on the fabric and pin it backwards to the Tshirt.

2. Now cut at an angle through both Tshirt and fabric.

3.Sew together, and hem.

Angle should go like this: / from a couple inches down under the arm to the bottom of the tshirt. Depends on size, but for an infant or toddler you are trying to start above the waist but not under the arm pit.

I simply googled how to sew infant clothes and came up with great ones. try that and utube for showing you how to do what you're asking. Start with old sheets to practice on and when you get it worked out put it together with good material. Soft for tiny babies and permant press for older. there are a lot of layette patterns i like see and sew or simplicty patterns for directions best. you can get anything instructions now on the internet but when i started I had to take classes so GO FOR IT.

There are very pretty baby dresses that can be made from pillow cases. If you are good at sewing, just look up pillowcase dresses, and it looks to be easy to copy.

Crafts ClothingApril 6, 2011
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
A woman wearing a homemade bridesmaid dress.
Making Homemade Bridesmaids Dresses
Mother Getting on Plane with Young Children
Traveling with an Infant
Infant Drowning Prevention
Preventing Infant Drowning