Cinco de Mayo Centerpiece
These cute, inexpensive sombreros may great centerpieces for Cinco de Mayo (May 5) or any Mexican themed party. They are very quick and easy to make.
Approximate Time: Less than 30 minutes
- paper plate
- Styrofoam cup
- tan or yellow acrylic paint
- brown acrylic paint
- red acrylic paint
- paint brush
- multi-colored pom poms
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint paper plate and Styrofoam cup with tan or yellow acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
- Paint rim of cup with brown acrylic paint. Once the cup is inverted, this will be the hat band.
- Paint the outer edge of the plate rim with red acrylic paint. Let dry completely.
- Hot glue the cup to the center of the plate to form your sombrero.
- Glue the pom-poms, evenly spaced, around edge of the plate. Alternate colors as you glue each one in place.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 7:15:20 AM on 10.0.2.172 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us