Verizon DSL Plans: "Price Guaranteed For Life"

I am interested in getting Verizon for my DSL computer service. I am looking for an offer for life of $14.99. Some people have gotten this, yet when I contact customer service, I am told the only available plan is $19.99, and only guaranteed for a year. Does anyone have info on the $14.99 deal? This would be applicable to Northeastern PA area. Thanks for your help.

Monica from Northeast, PA

Try checking this out.

https://www.dslextreme.com/Services/Internet/DSL/Default.aspx

I wish I knew how to get it that cheap! I pay $34.95 a month. It was cheaper when I first ordered it. I live in Eastern Pa. between Allentown and Pottstown.

It was probably a limited time special that has expired.

How are you getting 19.99? Is that for unlimited? All I can find is 39.99 and 59.99 for a set amount of megabytes.

We just got fios and told them we would only switch if they locked us in for the life of our bill with them at 14.99. We told them we were using another service for our tv and would be happy to offer them the same offer if they wouldn't comply-it took some arguing but eventually it worked! It's your money-you decide how much and to whom!

I was offered the DSL $14.99 for life , which at the time I was told required a two year contract. Ii agreed and after one year, Verizon raised the price They they told me that the person who told me I had that rate was not authorized to give it. In short, my whole experience with Verizon, as well as my roommate's, is that they promise one thing, and then change the terms of what they promised you. In short with Verizon, they lie!

It is corporate policy to tie the hands of their customer service people so that when you call to ask about why you no longer have the good price, to get you to settle for paying more than they had agreed to charge you in the last conversation. You would be better to go with another company for DSL service, or any other kind of service, because they won't keep the promises they make you and are not to be trusted.

Their goal is not to provide good service but to separate you from your money by over charging you and even if they tell you they will go back to the old rates, don't believe it. I have had to call them every month as the bill arrived, and the last bill was for yet even a higher incorrect rate than the last one. They always tell you the problem will be shown in the next bill, but it never is and the strategy is just to wear you out so you just pay the higher rate rather than keep calling.

Switch to a different provider for a better price, as trying to get a good price out of Verizon just isn't worth two hours each month of navigating through phone trees and getting transferred half a dozen times around the world, and then told that they can't make the change right then, but it will be put into effect "once the mail arrives at the processing center." Are they kidding? Verizon treats their customers like crap if they aren't subscribing to the higher rate plans. If you want a low rate look for another company.

Budget & Finance AdviceAugust 11, 2008
Weight Watchers Help Scale
Calculating Weight Watchers Point Totals
gardening boots
Gardening Resolutions for the New Year
A girl holding a healthy meal in one hand and an unhealthy meal in the other.
Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plans
Two younger travelers by a river.
Tips for Traveling Green
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 12:18:27 PM on 10.0.1.23 in 983 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.