Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Reusing Glass Bottles

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Empty Liquor Bottles

Instead of recycling or throwing out your glass bottles, there may be another way you can use it. This is a guide about reusing glass bottles.

Solutions: Reusing Glass Bottles

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Reuse Glass Water Bottles, Not Plastic

The economy has affected many of us in the last couple of years. Trying to shop for a family of five and stay within budget isn't easy sometimes, especially when you are trying to buy healthy items that everyone will like.

Sometimes it is tempting to buy soft drinks as a treat because they're on sale, but I try to avoid them. I decided to try the bottled teas instead. They are more expensive, but because they are glass, I wash them with a bottle brush and refill them with filtered water.

I keep them in the fridge so the kids can grab them anytime, and as a result, they're drinking more water. I tell them to put them in the sink to be rewashed and used, so we aren't littering landfills with plastic water bottles.

It might just be me, but the water tastes so much better out of glass bottles!

By Jeannie from Valdosta, GA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Reusing Glass Bottles.

Question: Crafts Using Small Glass Syrup Bottles

What crafty thing can I do with small glass syrup bottles? Also medium size oak leaf shaped bottles. Thanks.

By HJB

Most Recent Answer

By diana.collings03/04/2013

How's about a Macrame plant hanger? It looks beautiful with a plant inside.
http://pinterest.com/dianaoz/diy-projects-to-try/

RE: Crafts Using Small Glass Syrup Bottles

Question: Reusing Hot Sauce Bottles

Are there any good uses for the little bottles that contain hot sauce when empty?

By Freckles

Most Recent Answer

By Mary Jane Jordan T.05/28/2012

I make hot sauce and put in back in bottle.

Question: Buying One Gallon Glass Bottles for Water

Does anyone know where I can purchase 1 gallon "glass" bottles that I can take to the grocery store to refill with water? I've been reusing Gatorade bottles, but I'm concerned about using the plastic bottles over and over.

I've been cleaning them with vinegar, but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. I'd like to use glass, because it's easier to clean.

By Betty

Most Recent Answer

By susan02/25/2010

I buy juices and cider at our health food store in glass gallon jugs. They cost more, but I also reuse those glass jars.