Reuse Glass Water Bottles, Not Plastic

The economy has affected many of us in the last couple of years. Trying to shop for a family of five and stay within budget isn't easy sometimes, especially when you are trying to buy healthy items that everyone will like.

Sometimes it is tempting to buy soft drinks as a treat because they're on sale, but I try to avoid them. I decided to try the bottled teas instead. They are more expensive, but because they are glass, I wash them with a bottle brush and refill them with filtered water.

I keep them in the fridge so the kids can grab them anytime, and as a result, they're drinking more water. I tell them to put them in the sink to be rewashed and used, so we aren't littering landfills with plastic water bottles.

It might just be me, but the water tastes so much better out of glass bottles!

By Jeannie from Valdosta, GA

We do the same thing, Jeannie! I bought Sobe a long time ago, and refill them over and over.

No plastic poisons; just our well water or sun tea! Thanks for sharing.

My boys enjoyed dilute juice in glass bottles and I still do. I guess ours was the first vitamin flavored water. (laughing)

I agree! Water does taste better out of a glass bottle. I have been using glass bottles for water for years, I have found some interesting bottles over the years. One of my favorites was from a French Lemonade drink (it was a bit spendy just for the juice, but not a bad price for the reusable bottle). It has one of those old style flip rubber stoppers, it seals great and I have never had a problem of leaking.

I like the idea of filling juice bottles up with water or watered down juice for the kids. I bet they just think it is fun to drink out a bottle.

I keep wine and champagne bottles. Also any other bottles that has a pretty color.

I make faux sea glass from them. I put them in my rock tumbler and it gives them that frosted look of sea glass or beach glass. They are just beautiful.

Better Living Green Living ReusingSeptember 21, 2010
🎄
🎉