Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table

My husband had bug spray on his leg when he put it on my coffee table. Now it has a huge stain that I can't get rid of! It almost looks like the bug spray took the finish off. Can anyone help?

By Debbie from Austin, TX

Most likely did. That is why the use of mosquito sprays have warnings on them for their use. I presume this is a wooden table, so some Murphy's soap, elbow grease. Could check with a professional refinisher for ideas of what to use but if you are going to have to have it professionally done, do not use anything on it, making it more difficult to take care of.

I agree. I am guessing that the bug spray did take the finish off. You will have to have it refinished. Consult someone who knows how to do this. There may be a way to fix it without redoing the whole thing.

Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesJuly 8, 2010
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Homemade Bug Spray
Homemade Bug Spray
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors