Recipe Ideas for Potato Crisps

I recently bought some Potato Crisps at Costco. They are individually wrapped freeze dried potatoes, a low cal alternative to potato chips. I don't like them and can't get the kids to eat them so they are just sitting there.

I was thinking that the consistency is sort of like the boxed au gratin potatoes before you cook them. I thought I could try some scalloped potato dishes maybe. They aren't bad, just taste like raw potato. Does anyone else have any ideas

By the way, the Popchips (a puffed potato chip alternative) are pretty good. Ahh, potato chip, how I miss you!

Costco takes everything back. Tell them you & the kids don't like it. You should have no trouble doing that.

I don't quite get what they are and can't see the brand name in your photo but if you look on the package or online under the brand name many times they will have recipes or serving suggestions.

I will post another photos of the actual chips. They look like thick potato chips and have very little flavor by themselves. They are Brother's All Natural Potato Crisps.

I checked the website and they have no recipes listed. I think it is a relatively new product. I may try to take them back but I did eat a few of them. Costco certainly had it's fair share of my money.

Probably the best advice so far is to return them to Costco. If you don't want to, you might try googling for a recipe for tuna casserole which uses potato chips. I used to make one years ago, and the only down side was that it was very greasy. Sounds like those chips might work just fine.

If these are already dried and are like potato chips. Crush them up and add to meatloaf instead of breading or cracker crumbs. Sprinkle on top of your casseroles before baking add to your stuffing mixture or mix into a casserole. Hope this helps.

If you didn't eat that many, take them back for a refund.

Crush them and use them to bread homemade chicken nuggets or oven fried fish.

Anything with a crunch I crush and jar it to top any hot dish, do some magic flavor in meatballs, etc. Left over in the box cereal crumbs--crispix to shredded wheat/corn flakes, raisin bran, etc are fantastic. Crumbles from chips, pretzels, fit the bill too. It doesn't have to be alot to add or decorate the top for a fancy looking dish.

Have U ever made potato chip cookies ? A older polish woman who lived next door use to make them, when I was a teen. We use to grab and run,so gooooood. U would not know chips, were in them.

These aren't even meant for use as substitute for potato chips. Use them as dried potatoes, not fried potatoes! Dump them into stews in the crock pot, make them into gratin dauphinoise (potatoes au gratin), crush them and put them into dry soup mixes. If you reconstitute them with water, you can probably mash them or stir them up into your meat loaf as well.

Potatoes Au Gratin
Recipes Using Freeze Dried Potatoes
Food and Recipes Recipes PotatoesFebruary 19, 2009
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
Potato Peel Crisps
Potato Peel Crisps
potato chips
Making Microwave Crisps or Potato Chips
🎉
🎄