Recipes Using Freeze Dried Potatoes

Category Vegetables
Potatoes Au Gratin
Dried potatoes keep for a long time. If you don't like them raw, they may be incorporated into a casserole or soup. This guide is about recipes using freeze dried potatoes.

I recently bought some Potato Crisps at Costco. They are individually wrapped freeze dried potatoes, a low cal alternative to potato chips. I don't like them and can't get the kids to eat them so they are just sitting there.

I was thinking that the consistency is sort of like the boxed au gratin potatoes before you cook them. I thought I could try some scalloped potato dishes maybe. They aren't bad, just taste like raw potato. Does anyone else have any ideas

By the way, the Popchips (a puffed potato chip alternative) are pretty good. Ahh, potato chip, how I miss you!

Costco takes everything back. Tell them you & the kids don't like it. You should have no trouble doing that.

I don't quite get what they are and can't see the brand name in your photo but if you look on the package or online under the brand name many times they will have recipes or serving suggestions.

I will post another photos of the actual chips. They look like thick potato chips and have very little flavor by themselves. They are Brother's All Natural Potato Crisps.

I checked the website and they have no recipes listed. I think it is a relatively new product. I may try to take them back but I did eat a few of them. Costco certainly had it's fair share of my money.

Probably the best advice so far is to return them to Costco. If you don't want to, you might try googling for a recipe for tuna casserole which uses potato chips. I used to make one years ago, and the only down side was that it was very greasy. Sounds like those chips might work just fine.