Sweetly scented of spring, these sachets filled with lavender and tied with a ribbon are lovely to slip into a drawer for freshly scented linen or lingerie.
Materials and Equipment:
- a piece of patterned cotton, about 6 inches wide and 8 inches long
- sewing pins
- a piece of lacy edging, about 1 inch wide and 10 inches long
- a needle
- thread to match your fabric
- a piece of pretty ribbon, about a foot long
- dried lavender, a few scoops or enough to fill one sachet
- Fold the longer edge over 1/2 an inch to create a seam allowance. Pin the piece of lacy edging along the inside of this folded edge, so that about 1/2 an inch of lace peeks up over the edge (see photo). Sew the material and lace tightly together.
- Next fold the piece of material in half width-wise, with the pattern facing inward.
- Pin together the lengths and the non-lace end of the material so that you have a bag with the top end (the end with the lace sewn onto it) open.
- Sew the pinned edges together.
- Turn the material inside out. You should have small bag with a lacy edge around the top opening.
- Fill the bag with dried lavender until 2/3 full.
- Tie the bag closed with the ribbon.
- Place your sachet in a drawer and breathe in deeply next time you open it!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:00:09 PM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us