Sweetly scented of spring, these sachets filled with lavender and tied with a ribbon are lovely to slip into a drawer for freshly scented linen or lingerie.
Materials and Equipment:
- a piece of patterned cotton, about 6 inches wide and 8 inches long
- sewing pins
- a piece of lacy edging, about 1 inch wide and 10 inches long
- a needle
- thread to match your fabric
- a piece of pretty ribbon, about a foot long
- dried lavender, a few scoops or enough to fill one sachet
- Fold the longer edge over 1/2 an inch to create a seam allowance. Pin the piece of lacy edging along the inside of this folded edge, so that about 1/2 an inch of lace peeks up over the edge (see photo). Sew the material and lace tightly together.
- Next fold the piece of material in half width-wise, with the pattern facing inward.
- Pin together the lengths and the non-lace end of the material so that you have a bag with the top end (the end with the lace sewn onto it) open.
- Sew the pinned edges together.
- Turn the material inside out. You should have small bag with a lacy edge around the top opening.
- Fill the bag with dried lavender until 2/3 full.
- Tie the bag closed with the ribbon.
- Place your sachet in a drawer and breathe in deeply next time you open it!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 11:01:42 PM on 10.0.0.19 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us