Check Door Hinges Periodically

I just read the hint about checking the screws in your doorknobs. While I was going around, I found that my door hinge pins were all elevated. A couple were half out. This could have meant the door falling off it's hinges, literally. So please take a hammer with your screwdriver to check both ends of your doors.

By Heather from Boston, MA

A little ball ping hammer is good to keep on hand, for this very reason. I've had to use mine in the kitchen, several times a year, especially on the cabinet doors you use the most.

you used my hint, now I'm about to use yours. Never thought of the hinge pins. thanks.

Jean from MI

I'll be darned. So I just checked the door hinges (all ok) and now I know how to replace my old storm door. I don't know why, but I thought there was more to replacing a storm door. Thanks.

Home and Garden Home Improvement DoorsApril 17, 2007
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Door Hinge
Fixing Loose Door Hinges
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet