Making Curtains Using Towels And Clothespins

We are moving from a trailer to a house and I need help! I want to make curtains. I am very crafty, but the last time I used a sewing machine I attached 2 of my fingernails to the shirt I was sewing. I am not needle friendly. I saw a picture a while back of towels clothespins for the curtain hooks. I love it for my laundry room. But how do I do them so they don't fall every time you brush passed them. I would really appreciate the advice. THANKS!

CJ from Liverpool, OH

Hi there,

A few years back I moved to an appartment with a small window. Instead of sewing the towel, I have cut three pieces of ribbon for each towel. To hold the ribbon and towels together, I used a simple safety pin. It worked great and I was able to open and close my "curtains". Hopes it works for you too.

I once made drapes for my bathroom out of towels. I used some that went really nice with the towels. I had and not having a sewing machine, I sewed them by hand. When I was finished I sewed them the other way to help make them stronger. They lasted along time and were really a lot warmer in the winter and helped with the heat in the summer. Also you can buy flat sheet's and make drapes. They have fabric glue out you could use, fold over the top part leaving enough space for your rod and I am talking a plain rod.If you do not have the money for embellishment's make your drapes now embellish next month. You can buy lace and so many other thing's to match any room. Lace etc use your imagination. And if you have a Gabe's near by, I bought 2 different kind's one long pair and one short pair of lace drapes (each pair) only a dollar a pair. Unbelievable isn't it. It is amazing the thing's you can do any more! Lot's of GOOD LUCK! Darlene

You can buy sheep-blanket safety pins from any feed store or eBay, or They are about four inches long and would work great.

When I was a kid, my mom used the clip-type curtain rings. She clipped the top edge of some pretty towels and hung them in our bathroom. Good luck with your project!

When I moved from a trailer to a home I used beautiful twin sized sheets available really reasonable and you just slip the curtain rod through the hem! you have to come up with some fun tiebacks to use too!Also,

be sure to let your friends and family know you have a need.They may pitch in and bring you something you love!

Give it a try!

Uses for Clothespins
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsMay 22, 2008
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
A cute bird made with a clothespin.
Crafts Made With Clothespins