Uses for Clothespins

While making tea, the "end papers" kept getting to close to the burner. So I used a clothespin to anchor them in place. Afterward, I opened the tea bags and put them in with the coffee grounds to put on the roses and in the garden.

Source: I got tired of burnt fingers. ;-)

By Vi Johnson

More Solutions

Who doesn't want to save a little money and keep numerous dry goods fresher longer? Head to your laundry room and grab all the cloths pegs you can.

When you kill insect with a fly swatter, shoe, newspaper, etc., pick up the insect with a clothespin to put in the trash. That way you don't get stung or bitten if it's not dead.

Here are some creative uses for plastic or wooden clothes pins from our ThriftyFun community. Post your own ideas here.

I use spring-type clothes pins to clip treats to the bars of my bird's cage like millet sprays, snow peas, romaine lettuce and omelet. They make a sturdy, cheap holder, easy to fill and can be positioned anywhere.

I am now using Truvia, which is twice as sweet as sugar. I only need half a packet at a time. I keep the packet closed with a clothespin until I need the rest of it.

A clothespin holding a single serving packet of sweetener closed.

Well I have a strange tip, but a good one. My husband and I camp. We had bags open with food in them and had forgotten to bring things to close them with so I grabbed a couple of clothes pins the kind with the spring you squeeze to open. They are fantastic, work great and the nice thing is that they are cheap.

Clothes pins can be an inexpensive alternative to buying more expensive chip clips. This is a page about use clothespins as chip clips.

A pile of clothespins on a white background.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a page about crafts made with clothespins. Clothespins can be used in making a wide variety of craft projects.

A cute bird made with a clothespin.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Load More
Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 22, 2013
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Clothespins-3.html