Hoop and Fabric Craft

I made two of these for Valentine's Day with happy penguins marching with hearts on their flippers and the other with dogs and hearts.

For St. Patrick's day I made two with frogs dressed as leprechauns and a pot of gold.

I took glitter paint and embellished the pictures. I hung them in my office during the corresponding holidays and people loved them!

Materials Needed:

• fabric with design of choice
  • wooden embroidery hoop(s)
  • glue
    I like Aleene's Tacky glue, but Elmer's is good too.
  • matching ribbon
  • scissors

Instructions:

1. Cut your fabric about two inches larger that the embroidery hoop. Put your design in middle of the hoop.
  2. Take the inner hoop and put a small amount of glue over the outer part of the hoop.
  3. Take the fabric and line it up over the smaller inner hoop.
  4. Take the larger outer hoop and secure it over the fabric and inner hoop. Keep the screw part at the top; this will be your hanging part.
  5. Tighten the screw part making sure that your fabric remains tight.
  6. Let the glue dry for an hour or so and trim off excess material in the back.
  7. Tie a ribbon on the screw part.

Fabric can be so beautiful. It can be used any time any way. Use your imagination!

Happy Crafting!

By Ann from Conway, AR

Those are beautiful! Thanks for posting the pictures. I just figured out what to give my mom for her B-Day! I am going to copy the grand-kids pics onto fabric and frame them this way, she will love it. What a wonderful idea!

I love these. Thank you for sharing. I thought I would have to paint to do this, thank goodness I dont have to, (can't paint a straight line, lol). I am going to make some of these. Something easy and inexpensive. My kind of crafting.

great idea and really cute.

Embroidery Hoop Wall Hanging
Embroidery Hoop Wall Hangings
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsMay 23, 2007
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Making a Hula Hoop Hat
Making a Hula Hoop Hat
Making Embroidery Hoop Pumpkins
Making Embroidery Hoop Pumpkins
🎄