Here is an easy to make, beaded dreamcacher.
- 8 inch diameter hoop
- 25 yards cotton yarn
- 1 package beads large enough to string the cotton yarn through
- 1 needle
- Thread yarn through needle, placing it halfway between the ends.
- Tie the 2 ends of yarn together so you have a double strand of yarn.
- Use a slipknot to tie the knotted end of the yarn to the hoop. (Don't worry about the stray end of the knot - it'll be taken care of at the end.)
- Thread 3-4 beads, pull yarn tight, and knot on the opposite side of the hoop.
- Repeat step 3 ten times, or until the dreamcatcher's web pattern is pleasing to you.
- Do NOT cut the yarn after the final knot!
- Wrap the remaining yarn around the hoop until it is covered.
- Knot securely, then knot again 2 - 6 inches from the final knot. Cut off ends and hang your dream catcher over your bed to catch your dreams!
Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance
August 4, 20050 found this helpful
Thanks for the instructions....been wanting to do one but it looked so complicated but I think I can do this one :0)
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
August 16, 20050 found this helpful
Thanks for the nice feedback. Let me know how it works for you.
June 5, 20060 found this helpful
I have done a dream-catcher with beads on every "loop" i guess you would call it.. they look really neat. especially when you make them tight, and can fit in a lot of them
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on August 24, 2016 at 7:21:07 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us