Control Harness for Dog

I am looking for a control collar or harness for an active dog.

Kathy from Traverse City, MI

Do you mean for when you are walking the dog? I use a Halti with my collie as he pulls, the Gentle Leader is a similar product. Both companies sell harnesses with the same purpose in mind, but I haven't tried those.

The Gentle Leader is amazing! My sheltie mix took to it after only a few minutes and walking him was a whole new experience. I highly recommend it.

The Halti is great for large dogs and I like that it controls with far less pressure. It completely eliminates pulling and there is no collar smashing the trachea. The gentle leader is the one my dog prefers, again no trachea pressure (I just can't handle that choking sound). I had to pay close attention to the directions for a minute to figure out which way is right side up and forward, but we both love it now. When she tries to pull, it turns her around so she is facing me, ready for a command. You are smart to consider a common collar inadequate. I see too many people trying to control a big healthy dog, blaming the dog for being stubborn or something, imagine trying to stop a horse with a collar at the base of its neck? Yeah!

Here's a link : ... cts/collars/gentleleader/description

I have used both I would recommend the Gentle Leader. I have 3 dogs, a Border collie/Lab, mixed hound and an English Setter. I can walk them all with the Gentle Leader. Check Ebay for some really inexpensive ones. Get the one with the DVD that shows how to use the halter correctly. You can walk a dog holding it in two fingers. It works, my hound is a real tank, a puller who can yank me down with a collar but does not pull with the Gentle Leader.

Dog in Red Harness
Using A Dog Harness
Pets Dogs AdviceJanuary 21, 2009
older dog
Using Dog Diapers
Rodent Control, Closeup of Wood Mouse
Rodent Control
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Leather Horse Harness
Reconditioning an Old Leather Horse Harness