EmploymentBudget & Finance

Use Caution With Online Marketing Research Groups

Category Employment

If you belong to online Marketing Research groups and fill out the forms, be careful! The two I belong to are legitimate Online Research companies. They will ask for buying habits and sometimes ask for opinions of new products that may come on the market, send samples to try and give feedback, etc.

I've had no problems in the past, but the following comments made me suspicious!

I answered some computer questions and later got a call from a representative from the company, this is not unusual, but they asked me if I would like to further participate; they would send me a 3-1/2 floppy disk to insert into my computer, let it run, then return it to them and for my trouble they would send me a check for $20.00.

I put the floppy into the A drive and it started running ... when finished, I clicked on the Windows +E to read it. Wow, to me it looked like it copied the guts of my computer! Needless to say, I did not return the floppy!

By Syd

I am currently researching those opportunities to complete surveys on-line. I discovered this website: http://www.top2005scams.com/ which indicates 248 out of 268 sites are scams. They only recommend three sites and each one does cost a fee to join.

Are you at liberty to reveal the name of the two companies you have chosen to work with that are legitimate?