In my kitchen one day, I placed a half used scented candle in a jar on my stove for show. It looked beautiful.
That evening when I was making dinner and using the oven, I had forgotten to take the candle from the stove. Oh, the smell was wonderful! The heat vent on my stove melted the candles completely and it was a much stronger smell than if I had lit it. Each time thereafter that I used the oven, I made sure the same candle was on the stove. Now when I buy scented candles, I don't burn them, I just let them melt. Smells so much more and lasts a lot longer than burning.
Yes! They sell candle warmers for this very purpose. They're the only way to go. I think the candle warmers are the same thing as what used to be called a desktop coffee warmer. They've gone down in price, too, and can be had at Bed Bath & Beyond for around $5 or $6.
I do this all the time! Just be careful of the jar as it can get hot. I also put left over candle wax in a cute canning jar and leave it on my stove. You can get wonderful aromas by mixing scents also.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!