Try Pawn Shops For a Wii

My children have pestered me for a Wii game system ever since they came out. This past Christmas, when I had them all make a list of things they wanted, a Wii system was at the top of all their lists. I was not about to pay full price for one, or my Christmas budget would have been consumed with one purchase. I had tried unsuccessfully using Craigslist to acquire one. I then thought about our lonely little pawn shop in town. They had one, but the price was not that much lower than a new one in the store. I visited a total of 4 pawn shops in several different towns. I found a real nice one tucked away that had just what I was looking for.

I purchased my WII game console (still with it's original box) with an extra set of controllers and two additional games for a total of $147.00 including sales tax. The pawn shop had a 48 hour return policy on electronics. We took it home, hid away in our bedroom with the door locked, and gave it a test run. Everything worked out great, and Christmas morning was quite the surprise. Our game system is still working fine after over six months, and other games and controllers have been purchased for it.

By Brandy J. from Bowling Green, MO

Thanks for the reminder, Brandy, not only that pawn shops are a good alternative for thrifty shoppers, but that persistence pays!

Wii console and controllers
Saving Money on a Wii
Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingJuly 12, 2011
Free Auto Services
Using Free Auto Services
Woman playing Wii
Saving Money on Wii Games
Patenting an Invention
Patenting an Invention
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄