Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

I have well water and can't get the iron stains out of the shower and tub. Anyone know what works?

By Maggie from St. Augustine, FL

For 20 years I have put up with a rust stained ceramic toilet bowl. I have tried cleaning it by removing all of the water and soaking it in vinegar and baking soda, all commercial cleaners available here in New Zealand, and every method known to Womankind to get it clean. And still it remains very stained and unpleasant looking, so I have resorted to using a blue coloured toilet cleaner which at least you cannot see the stains through.

I would appreciate any tips my fellow readers might have. Many thanks

Citric acid left in the bowl can help. Sprinkle powder in water in toilet bowl, leave for a few hours, then clean as usual.

rust stains bathroom sink
Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomApril 18, 2010
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal