Cleaning Caulk at Base of Tub

I have a fiberglass tub. However, the glue that adheres to the base has started to turn black and is hard to remove. I've tried everything, can someone provide me with some suggestions on how to clean up this ugly mess.

Editor's Note: I believe this request is referring to the caulking at the base of the tub.

Well last night I was cleaning my tub for the first time with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and not only did it clean the tub, floor and mildew, it damn near took the caulking off it did so well. You should give it a go, I'd bet it works for you too.

Are you sure this is not mildew? If so, I would remove the caulk, clean the area with bleach and put in new caulking. In fact, my husband has just finished doing that in our shower today. If this is a shower, be sure and leave the door open after you shower to let the steam out-mildew loves warmth and dampness!!

This sounds like mold. Try bleach.

Moldy Tiles and Bathtub
Cleaning Mold in the Bathtub
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 27, 2004
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Window Caulk
Cleaning Window Caulk
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub