Jiffy Corn Muffins Too Crumbly

How can I keep Jiffy corn muffins from falling apart? They come out great, but they just crumble when you cut them!

By Kathy from Philadelphia, PA

Cut back a tiny bit on the liquid; and be sure to let them sit a couple of minutes before cutting them! See if that doesn't solve the problem!

I found these 3 suggestions on the web. Use buttermilk instead of milk or add an extra egg or add 2 ounces of softened cream cheese. One lady said she adds 1/3 c. canned pumpkin, but I'm not so sure how that would taste.

Add 1 egg and 1 Tablespoon of oil, this should solve the problem.

I use these all the time and have for decades. You need to add about 1 TB of oil (I use canola) and about 1 oz extra of milk. The fall apart factor is when it gets too dry. A made from scratch corn muffin has more liquid in it. You could also back off on the baking time. Do the toothpick test. My never fail timing is when the flavor buds burst and you can smell it for the first time baking, you got about 1 minute till done. Match my nose with the timer any day with any baked goods.

Make sure you let the end product rest/cool before eating.

I have had this problem, and one more egg did it for me. I use the cornbread for dressing, and cornbread salad. So, when it is a little more firm, it does better for my needs, anyway. I have also used heavy cream in place of milk. Much richer and more moist that way!

I sure do want to thank you all! The extra egg and oil worked wonders, you all are the best! Have a great day! Kathy

p.s. Next time I will try the buttermilk as soon as I can afford it!

Add an egg. That should do the trick.

Cornbread Muffins
Corn Muffin Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking MuffinsOctober 21, 2010
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
Growing Indian Corn
Growing Indian Corn
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Jiffy Spiffy Brownies
Recipes Using Jiffy Mixes
🎄