Jiffy Corn Muffins Too Crumbly

How can I keep Jiffy corn muffins from falling apart? They come out great, but they just crumble when you cut them!

By Kathy from Philadelphia, PA

Best Answer

Add 1 egg and 1 Tablespoon of oil, this should solve the problem.

The extra egg and tablespoon of oil did the trick. Thanks so much for the helpful tip!

Best Answer

I sure do want to thank you all! The extra egg and oil worked wonders, you all are the best! Have a great day! Kathy
p.s. Next time I will try the buttermilk as soon as I can afford it!

make your own Buttermilk, Reg, milk and 1 tb Wht Vinger. ask google.

To make butter milk Kathy take milk and add vinegar

You can easily make buttermilk with milk and vinegar...

If you add vinegar to regular milk let it set the minute you have buttermilk.

Buttermilk too expensive? Buy the dried form in the baking area of your store. It keeps in the refrigerator for months and will be on hand for pancakes, muffins, and other baking needs.

I'm never without it! (And remember to add 1/2 teaspoon of soda to any recipe using buttermilk or sour cream!)

Cut back a tiny bit on the liquid; and be sure to let them sit a couple of minutes before cutting them! See if that doesn't solve the problem!

Anonymous

I found these 3 suggestions on the web. Use buttermilk instead of milk or add an extra egg or add 2 ounces of softened cream cheese. One lady said she adds 1/3 c. canned pumpkin, but I'm not so sure how that would taste.

Probably quite delicious.

I use these all the time and have for decades. You need to add about 1 TB of oil (I use canola) and about 1 oz extra of milk. The fall apart factor is when it gets too dry. A made from scratch corn muffin has more liquid in it. You could also back off on the baking time.

Do the toothpick test. My never fail timing is when the flavor buds burst and you can smell it for the first time baking, you got about 1 minute till done. Match my nose with the timer any day with any baked goods.
Make sure you let the end product rest/cool before eating.

I have had this problem, and one more egg did it for me. I use the cornbread for dressing, and cornbread salad. So, when it is a little more firm, it does better for my needs, anyway. I have also used heavy cream in place of milk. Much richer and more moist that way!

Add an egg. That should do the trick.

Anonymous

I use the instructions on the Jiffy box, I use 2 xtra large eggs insted of regular large. a little bit of sugar and a healthy squirt of mayo...yrp mayo. My corn muffins never fail and do not crumble

Okay, so I just tried some suggestions from here (I made 2 boxes). I added 4 extra large eggs, 2 tablsp sugar and used 2 tablsp whole milk yogurt as I didn't have oil. They were.... good? I suppose.

A wee bit eggy tasting. Next time I would add 3 extra large eggs and 1 egg white. And I should have known with the additions to add a bit of salt but didn't think about it. They were a bit bland as well. Overall they were not bad, just not great.