Small Black Bugs Found in Lint and Pet Hair

Does anyone have small black bugs hiding in fuzz or cat hair? I have long hair and they find it on the floor. Twice I have found one in my hair. They have 2 or 3 hairs on them that comes out if you put water on them. They also stand on 2 long legs. I have lived here many years and have never seen them until lately. I hope someone answers before they drive me nuts. Thanks.

By gettz from northwest MT

Since you mention they are on/in hair, fuzz or cat fur and you can see the details about this mysterious bug perhaps you could place one or more of them in a jar and take them to your local health department for identification for serious evaluation of a problem I doubt any of us here have dealt with. My guess is that they are miniature dust bunnies. Good Luck!

Deeli is right, but you might not know that dust is more dust mites and pet/human dander. Look up mites on google, and see if the photo is close. If not, you might have bed bugs or fleas, or perhaps even lice. Hard to hear but easy to be rid of.

When they come out to be whatever they are, just google their control and you will have no trouble getting it under your control again.

Remember, they are a pain, gross, but they are not lethal.

Good luck!

It may be a bed bug. They are everywhere. Good luck.

Springtails!

Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsJanuary 30, 2011
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
🎉
🎄