Birthday Presents for a History Buff

I need help for my husband who is turning 25 this month. He is an avid history buff, CRAZY about hunting and would love anything to do with his truck. I can't decide what to get him and I would like to be creative.

Kate from Maryland

Where do you live? What is his favorite historical period?

Perhaps a trip? I'm in SC and my first thought would be to head to Atlanta and go to the cyclorama, Underground Atlanta, etc...if he's big on the "Civil War." There's also Charleston, SC (but, of course, that's better in the warm weather months). A trip to a place that you can enjoy...dinners, plays, etc, but that is loaded with the history that he likes so much.

Or, have a costume party. Historical figures, food, music, decorations.

Check out Ebay for "stuff." I have 2 confederate bills in a frame at my family's mountain house...very interesting. If he's a fan of the Beat era, see if you can find a first edition Ginsberg (etc) or an autograph, authentic picture. Basically, memorabilia from his favorite time...

I'll keep thinking on it... (sorry about the typos, no time to proofread)

A bottle of canola oil. A long gold chain that drapes around your hips.

I understand he's easy to please.

Well something that fits all three categories get him a antique gun and hang it in his truck.

Have you thought about going to a Discovery Channel store or going online to there, TLC Channel, and the History Channel? There might be a lot of things to either buy or ideas. Even have a history themed party where people come dressed up as a famous person from history.

My Dh has car logos from discontinued cars mounted on a painted board. Something like that for the game room, maybe? Or war memorabilia mounted on a board and framed?

A gift certificate?

If you go to Atlanta it very close to Andersonville prison, used during the civil war. It's very moving and will touch your heart along with his. There is also a memoral for WWII vets there also. Just knowing that you've tried so hear to please him will please him I'm sure. If you can't make a trip. Biography has a tape of the mivieabout Andersonville. Remember a BIG smile is always a gift!!!

Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayOctober 16, 2005
Man on the Street in Charlie Chaplin Costume
Making a Charlie Chaplin Costume
Buff Colored Cocker Spaniel Puppy
Name Ideas For a Buff Colored Cocker Spaniel
The Cloud Gate Bean in Chicago.
Chicago Travel Tips
Two pictures of a man dressed as the Incredible Hulk.
Making an Incredible Hulk Costume
🎄